5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Active air dam

Jesusisgod

Reaction score
Hate to bring it up again on here. I removed the aad. No lights on the dash yet. Not sure if anything will show up on the uconnect screen. I removed it a couple days ago. Just now got a notification from the app on my phone.

I've seen folks saying mount just motor back on. Which I plan on trying first. If I do that is this notification gonna go away or does the dealer have to look at it an reset it through uconnect?

Also I figured I'd try to do the obdlink mx+ to turn it off? I read someone say they tried that an still got the notification in the app. I want To avoid hooking anything to the obd2 stuff that could void a warranty. If that's even likely. Can't imagine how turning off an air dam could void a warranty on anything but that specific part. If plugging just the motor back up will reset the code, without a trip to the dealer I'll do that for now. Truck is practically brand new with less then 7k on it.

I also don't see why these dealers can't turn stuff like that off. They say they can't but I mean the rebels don't have them. So there has to be a setting in the program to turn it off right?

Any explanations, advice, or experience is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance! Screenshot_20240722_021318_Ram.jpg

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hate to bring it up again on here. I removed the aad. No lights on the dash yet. Not sure if anything will show up on the uconnect screen. I removed it a couple days ago. Just now got a notification from the app on my phone.

I've seen folks saying mount just motor back on. Which I plan on trying first. If I do that is this notification gonna go away or does the dealer have to look at it an reset it through uconnect?

Also I figured I'd try to do the obdlink mx+ to turn it off? I read someone say they tried that an still got the notification in the app. I want To avoid hooking anything to the obd2 stuff that could void a warranty. If that's even likely. Can't imagine how turning off an air dam could void a warranty on anything but that specific part. If plugging just the motor back up will reset the code, without a trip to the dealer I'll do that for now. Truck is practically brand new with less then 7k on it.

I also don't see why these dealers can't turn stuff like that off. They say they can't but I mean the rebels don't have them. So there has to be a setting in the program to turn it off right?

Any explanations, advice, or experience is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance! View attachment 186753
Are you sure your engine malfunction is for the AAD?

Users who are viewing this thread