5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Active Air Dam Warranty Letter from FCS

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I always said I wouldn’t buy the first year of a new refresh of any vehicle because that’s when people find out about all the issues. Just couldn’t pass up the deal

Amazing93

Reaction score
I have a 2019 but didn't get a letter. I wonder if it's early built 19's that are affected. For anyone who got a letter what's your build date? Mine in 7/19.

Mike992

Reaction score
Brand new to forum. I'm getting screwed by dealer on this. Got a no response AAD code and no response AGS code. Check engine light on. It was due for State Inspection NY. Got the letter so took to dealer to get AAD replacement under warranty. Sat there for 3 days with nothing from dealer. I stopped by on third day and was told they can't diagnose it cause cause PCM needs an update and the update is not under warranty. Warranty has timed out but only has 27,000 miles on it. I had a spare vehicle so I figured I'd wait it out. Thier probably waiting for me to say hey no problem I'll eat it. Screw that. I told them PCM covered under Fed Emissions Warranty. Still nothing. Was told it's in "Limbo" as to who has to pay for update. Another week goes by and I got in accident with spare vehicle. Undrivable. So I go right to dealer and they reluctantly give me my truck back. I disconnected and removed AAD. Reset computer and code didn't come back and I was able to get it inspected. Reached out to Ram Customer Advocate. I had to explain Fed Emissions Warranty and the law that since truck has California Emissions they also have to honor that warranty. Advocate claims she could not get in touch with anyone at dealership but in the notes it says something about aftermarket parts or third party interference. It's total F ing B.S. It's a stock pavement princess. Advocate says to take up with dealer for them to explain why warranty is not being honored. I think AAD was shorting out circuit for AGS also. Why would I go back to deal with dealer when there the ones who I have issues with in the first place. My question is if I buy an AAD and install myself do you think I'll be eligible for reimbursement from Ram?

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Leave it off. It’s on there to try and squeak out another .5 mpg using aerodynamics. I didn’t even notice a difference without mine.
Agree. If cel doesn't come back i wouldn't spend the money on a replacement.
I also took mine out months ago. No mpg defference and no cel

Ratchet

Reaction score
Removed mine as well after going rounds and rounds with corporate. After they denied everything, the warranty extension happened literally a few weeks later. Doubt I get it replaced. More room for train horns now. :)

cdautrey

Reaction score
Mine went out about 3 weeks ago. Took it to the dealer and they tried resetting it. Engine light went away for two days and came back. I never received a letter from the dealership as far as I know. If you disconnect the AAD, is there anyway to make the engine light go away? I would like to be able to still remote start my truck, but it doesn't allow me to do that if that light is on.

Attachments

• IMG_1560.jpg
    IMG_1560.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 24

NewRam2019

Reaction score
Just got my letter after going rounds and rounds with corporate about them not honoring my warranty. My local dealer is great. They exhausted all sources trying to get Ram to cover it. After weeks going back and forth with Ram, apparently they're all covered now. You're welcome folks. LOL
How did you get them to send you a letter? My AAD is stuck down now and after reading this forum is sounds like I should have got a letter. So I called corporate and they just said your truck is not covered. I have a 2019 ram but out of the 3 year 36000 warranty. I have not taken it to the dealer yet to see what they can do but I do not have much hope with that. Thanks for any advice.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I completely removed my AAD and taped up the connector well to prevent moisture seepage. No codes so far and I think my gas mileage actually increased a bit since removing. Go figure.😆

Just another gimmick that’s not worth the money to repair.

Ratchet

Reaction score
I completely removed my AAD and taped up the connector well to prevent moisture seepage. No codes so far and I think my gas mileage actually increased a bit since removing. Go figure.😆

Just another gimmick that’s not worth the money to repair.
Same. Mine failed...and I removed it. I bought a crew cab truck with a V8 and low gears. I am not concerned with MPG.

Rupp

Reaction score
I have a 2020 should I have received a letter?

Users who are viewing this thread