5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Active Air Dam removal

frisby5

Reaction score
I removed the stationary air dam a while back but let me take a look at my truck later today and will advise if the stationary air dam would get in the way
Ok thank you !

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Whatever happened to the person (don’t remember who) that was going to make a skid plate out of a sheet of polycarbonate? They were going to share the template with us so we would bend and drill it ourselves.

Maybe I missed the post?

Alfonse

Reaction score
There isn't anything out there for our truck with stock bumber or maybe even with after market bumpers. You gotta get something custom made. I wanted a debris shield and used this. Not perfect and still leaves an empty space, about 4-5 inches
Would you be able to share where you purchased this Torxe skid plate? I can’t seem to find it. Thank you!

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Would you be able to share where you purchased this Torxe skid plate? I can’t seem to find it. Thank you!
I posted a link to a source for that skid plate back no post #15. The link says "security check" for some reason but the link is legit. I'll post it again...

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I posted a link to a source for that skid plate back no post #15. The link says "security check" for some reason but the link is legit. I'll post it again...

weird, I just try to share the link and also get the security check

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok thank you !
Alright, i checked this morning. I think you can still keep the air dam but i am sure you would atleast have to do 2 small notches to it for the bolts to go thru for the skid plate. Here are some underneath pictures. The holes next to the chrome bolt is where the air dam is attach to the bumper

Attachments

• 20230525_090304.jpg
    20230525_090304.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 20230525_090206.jpg
    20230525_090206.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 17

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Whatever happened to the person (don’t remember who) that was going to make a skid plate out of a sheet of polycarbonate? They were going to share the template with us so we would bend and drill it ourselves.

Maybe I missed the post?
I remember that too but haven't seen anybody post an update on that and like you can't remember who it was

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I remember that too but haven't seen anybody post an update on that and like you can't remember who it was
Not sure I'd want a skid plate made of polycarbonate. Would break easily and not offer a lot of protection

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Not sure I'd want a skid plate made of polycarbonate. Would break easily and not offer a lot of protection
It may not have been poly, but some sort of plastic that bends with a heat gun. They were going to provide a diagram I think. Just some sort of protection for those of us who don’t off road, but want something to help with light road debris.

frisby5

Reaction score
Alright, i checked this morning. I think you can still keep the air dam but i am sure you would atleast have to do 2 small notches to it for the bolts to go thru for the skid plate. Here are some underneath pictures. The holes next to the chrome bolt is where the air dam is attach to the bumper
Ok cool ,thanks for the update !

Users who are viewing this thread