5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Activate Cargo/Backing Lights

SydTaylor

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Rambox DT Limited and found out the Cargo bay lights on the back of the roof have been de-activated as they are deem they don't meet our countries specification.
This is despite that they are only able to be on in Reverse, are these not just reversing lights as on any and most vehicles.
Does anyone know how I can turn these back on .

Any help appreciated
Cheers

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 2021 Rambox DT Limited and found out the Cargo bay lights on the back of the roof have been de-activated as they are deem they don't meet our countries specification.
This is despite that they are only able to be on in Reverse, are these not just reversing lights as on any and most vehicles.

Any help appreciated
Cheers
Cargo lights are not reverse lights, and can be turned on anytime with switch. They don't even come on in reverse without pushing the button by headlight switch. Should be able to use alfaOBD to enable them if you want them. But I have never used them on my truck.

superfly

Reaction score

Any help appreciated
Cheers
Where are you located? If in Australia I can give you instructions on how to connect in the cargo lights and also the reverse tail light.

JonathanQ

Reaction score
Where are you located? If in Australia I can give you instructions on how to connect in the cargo lights and also the reverse tail light.
Im in New Zealand, and have the same issue. I have reconnected some wires in the BCM and have the cargo light going, but the reverse ones dont seem to be working. Any help would be appreciated

superfly

Reaction score
So I take it you've plugged in the 2 reverse light connectors as well? If so, all I can suggest is to check your bulbs.

BenGericke

Reaction score
Hi superfly, I live in Perth, WA. Just bought a Laramie 1500 and believe the cargo lights are disconnected when brought in to Aus. I believe you know how to reverse this. Could you help please?

Vishal983

Reaction score
Hi. I'm looking at activating the cargo lights and reverse lights as well. I figured out the cargo lights. In the BCM, which is located under the passenger dash, a pin wire with the colour white/beige has been pulled out of C5 Pin 30. connect it and it starts working. it that doesn't work check the C6 Pin 6. Mine was already connected.

As for the reversing light, im scratching my head as they have replaced it with another unit that does in the fog lamp. I'd appreciate it if someone can share what needs to be done here.

Smiley69

Reaction score
G'day Superfly,

Can you send me any info for the cargo lights reconnection on my 22 Laramie?

Thanks

Roger RAM

Reaction score
Hi. I'm looking at activating the cargo lights and reverse lights as well. I figured out the cargo lights. In the BCM, which is located under the passenger dash, a pin wire with the colour white/beige has been pulled out of C5 Pin 30. connect it and it starts working. it that doesn't work check the C6 Pin 6. Mine was already connected.

As for the reversing light, im scratching my head as they have replaced it with another unit that does in the fog lamp. I'd appreciate it if someone can share what needs to be done here.
Where are you located? I’m in Australia and am trying to reactivate the cargo lights also.

Users who are viewing this thread