5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ACC/FCW Unavailable Service Required

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I see this is an older thread I am having the same issue with my 2021 Laramie. My dash shows the following message. " AUTO EMERGENCY BRAKING (AEB) UNAVAILABLE WIPE FRONT RADAR SENSOR" Where is the Front Radar Sensor location. I CAN NOT find anything on the web to assist,. Dealer stated " That wont be covered by your extended warranty"

Please Help. If you need more info to assist me please let me know.

THANK YOU
Hello,

We're sorry to hear about this issue. If you decide to move forward in working with the dealer on this, we'd be happy to offer an extra layer of support. Please feel free to reach out via private message. Additionally, per page 147 of your Owner's Manual, "The sensor is located in the camera in the center of the windshield, on the forward side of the rearview mirror."

Lex
Ram Cares

Ricardo Garcia

Reaction score
TLDR; After dealer visit my Adaptive Cruise isn’t working with the error in the title. Anyone else have issues?

Took my truck to the dealer to finish some “We Owe” stuff and do a couple TSB’s.

Work Done:
Installed Power Side Steps and flashed sales code.
Installed Trailer Brake Controller

TSB for HK Volume
TSB for sudden brake assist when in reverse
Asked them to inspect Lane Sense to see if camera can be recalibrated after lift as it does not work as well as before the lift.
Alignment

Somewhere in there (Lane Sense would be my guess) they have completely disabled the Adaptive Cruise Control and the Forward Collision Warning. Shortly after the truck starts I get the two orange icons in the picture below that appear to show them as disabled. If I attempt to turn on FCW in the UConnect settings it checks the box and after about 2 seconds beeps at me and unchecked it. If I attempt to turn on ACC while driving I get the message “ACC/FCW Unavailable Service Required”.

They are aware of the issue and have ordered a new “module”. They said it would take a week to get the part and then they would need to keep it for a week so they can drive it everyday to program it. They already put over 80 miles on my truck in the 2 days it was there.

Outside of letting them do their thing I just wanted to reach out to see if others have had issues with either ACC or FCW and how it was remedied because it seems to be a grasping at straws situation going on at my dealership and ACC was the single most important must have when I purchased this truck.

For a little more backstory, this is my second 19. I traded in a Limited to go to the Laramie because I had all kinds of problems with the 12 inch screen and finally just had enough. I hope this is an easy fix and will be behind me in 2 weeks time but I envision a scenario where this drags on and I ultimately get sick of this truck too. Which would be unfortunate because this is the first vehicle I have had where I went all out to get it to how I wanted it to be.

Oh, and as you can see in the picture on my drive home from the dealership I received an error to service the Tire Pressure System as one of the wheels just completely fell off the map. This came back after a battery pull and a couple of starts and a trip around the block.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TLDR; After dealer visit my Adaptive Cruise isn’t working with the error in the title. Anyone else have issues?

Took my truck to the dealer to finish some “We Owe” stuff and do a couple TSB’s.

Work Done:
Installed Power Side Steps and flashed sales code.
Installed Trailer Brake Controller

TSB for HK Volume
TSB for sudden brake assist when in reverse
Asked them to inspect Lane Sense to see if camera can be recalibrated after lift as it does not work as well as before the lift.
Alignment

Somewhere in there (Lane Sense would be my guess) they have completely disabled the Adaptive Cruise Control and the Forward Collision Warning. Shortly after the truck starts I get the two orange icons in the picture below that appear to show them as disabled. If I attempt to turn on FCW in the UConnect settings it checks the box and after about 2 seconds beeps at me and unchecked it. If I attempt to turn on ACC while driving I get the message “ACC/FCW Unavailable Service Required”.

They are aware of the issue and have ordered a new “module”. They said it would take a week to get the part and then they would need to keep it for a week so they can drive it everyday to program it. They already put over 80 miles on my truck in the 2 days it was there.

Outside of letting them do their thing I just wanted to reach out to see if others have had issues with either ACC or FCW and how it was remedied because it seems to be a grasping at straws situation going on at my dealership and ACC was the single most important must have when I purchased this truck.

For a little more backstory, this is my second 19. I traded in a Limited to go to the Laramie because I had all kinds of problems with the 12 inch screen and finally just had enough. I hope this is an easy fix and will be behind me in 2 weeks time but I envision a scenario where this drags on and I ultimately get sick of this truck too. Which would be unfortunate because this is the first vehicle I have had where I went all out to get it to how I wanted it to be.

Oh, and as you can see in the picture on my drive home from the dealership I received an error to service the Tire Pressure System as one of the wheels just completely fell off the map. This came back after a battery pull and a couple of starts and a trip around the block.

a6927b53fb2fc3f7505b8104dc172c80.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you ever get the acc fixed I’m having the same problem

Users who are viewing this thread