5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AC Question

Rhombus

Reaction score
Has anyone identified which AC hose to clamp on the Ecodiesel? SOOOOOOO many pages in the AC hack threads.

Thanks.

KNGSNK11

Reaction score
I'll snap a pic tomorrow of how I did mine, if you look between the coolant reservoir and air box it will be the top heater core hose that you see.

KNGSNK11

Reaction score
20200714_195657.jpg
I used the harbor freight hose clamp for now, I know my temps are in the lower 40's I dont know what it was before as I didnt have a thermometer to check.

Rhombus

Reaction score
Love it. Simple and functional thanks very much. It’s been over 100 here pretty much everyday recently

KNGSNK11

Reaction score
My AC is an icebox, so glad I don't have this issue.
Mine was fine before, i thought id try it out, thats why i just used a clamp instead of a valve of some sort.

gorilla57

Reaction score
I wish this made mine an icebox. My temps were 58-60 before the clamp, now about 52 with it. So, it helped, but still not enough. I had the system checked by the dealer and they added a little bit of the 1234YF refrigerant. There's still something wrong........but it has been 110 plus here lately. Even in the morning when its low 90's, I still only get 52deg out of the driver's vent.

KNGSNK11

Reaction score
I wish this made mine an icebox. My temps were 58-60 before the clamp, now about 52 with it. So, it helped, but still not enough. I had the system checked by the dealer and they added a little bit of the 1234YF refrigerant. There's still something wrong........but it has been 110 plus here lately. Even in the morning when its low 90's, I still only get 52deg out of the driver's vent.
Yeah something is up with yours.
I have been working in the Houston area and its been hot and muggy, and when I do check mine its always been in the lower 40's and that sitting idling the truck at lunch.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Heat index 104 here today. With A/C on Auto and 72 degrees it gets so cold inside that my family starts complaining. My truck was built November 2019.

Rhombus

Reaction score
Yeah something is up with yours.
I have been working in the Houston area and its been hot and muggy, and when I do check mine its always been in the lower 40's and that sitting idling the truck at lunch.
I used the same clamp as recommended by KNGSNK11 and my temps are now in the low to mid-40’s even when it’s 100+ outside.

rorischak

Reaction score
same here. The AC is terrible. They have already recharged and no improvement. I am going to order the clamp.

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My eco is quite cold compared to my 2019 Hemi. It's very good.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My driver's side averages around 50 without a clamp (I've seen it as low as 48). My passenger's side (of the center stack) will hit 42! Note: These temps are achieved with the system set at Auto and 70 driver / 72 passenger. So I agree with @KNGSNK11 - that doesn't seem normal/right.

gorilla57

Reaction score
My driver's side is now 54 and pass side is 50 without the clamp, the system seems to be working better. Why?......don't know. I took the clamp off when I took it to the dealership for the oil leak. The records from them say they didn't touch the system, only fixed the oil leak. But maybe they did an update on the truck.

INVISBLE

Reaction score
My truck gets about 50 according to a thermometer out of the drivers center vent at idle and a hair less while driving with both sides set at their lowest temps but not on auto. All stock. But considering that everything is black in my truck inside and out and I have the giant overhead see thru oven door, I think that's pretty good. And I live in Dallas, Tx where it's hot and humid too, much like Houston... ugh.

cowboy99

Reaction score
I have the thermal axle and there's an electric valve that splits the incoming coolant to go to the heater core and to the rear diff. It looks like flow to the rear diff is secondary to the heater core, but if the valve to the heater core is not closing all the way then this could be part of the issue. I found one article on this system but it doesn't state if there's isn't demand for heat then the heater core valve will shut. The assumption is it would close otherwise why have the valve, but it could just tee off the heater line and only open/close for the diff. It looks like it's part "Coolant 3 Way Valve - Mopar (68309834AC)". My AC is running at 50 deg. 2020 Laramie Ecodiesel

I could clamp above the valve but are there any thoughts on this or how it's supposed to work?

gorilla57

Reaction score
Here is the Everflow part Number 615P034-NL installed. The heater hose clamp was working great, so decided to put the valve in and not damage the factory hoses by leaving the clamp on too long. Here in AZ, I'm only gonna need the valve open a few months a year, so didn't want the clamp on that long.

Attachments

• heater valve.JPG
    heater valve.JPG
    158.3 KB · Views: 35

Users who are viewing this thread