5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AC issue

Lionel B

Reaction score
I drive a 2021 ram classic (warlock). Today my AC stopped blowing cold air still blows hard but not cold at all. I put soapy water on the lines but didn't notice any bubbles. Thinking i need a to refill the refridgerant but i must have a leak somewhere, right? I have 122,000 kms on it. Thanks

uncc_99xj

Reaction score
Found out today that the AC compressor needs to be replaced cost $1500

What does that price include? Depending on how it failed (i.e. if the compressor locked up), there could be metal shavings in the system. The filter (orifice tube) would need to be replaced as well, and in a lot of cases it's integrated into the suction line so you have to replace the entire line.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What does that price include? Depending on how it failed (i.e. if the compressor locked up), there could be metal shavings in the system. The filter (orifice tube) would need to be replaced as well, and in a lot of cases it's integrated into the suction line so you have to replace the entire line.
I was wondering the same thing. That's not a bad price if it's the total cost of the repair including any other parts needed, and labor. But it's a lot if it's the price of the compressor alone. The Mopar compressor is available for around $400 (not including core charge) on one Mopar website (BAM Wholesale).

Users who are viewing this thread