5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AC from defrost in all modes

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I think you are right. I have sent an email to some people at the dealership corporate level to advise them of this locations problem.

Honestly, I do not think they can make it right. Here is a more detailed list of the items found in less than 5 minutes.

"pag oil, coolant, and other oils/chemicals all over my seats, dashboard, steering wheel, door panel, floor mats and floor. In addition to this there is a gash in the passenger door panel, scuffs in other panels, what appears to be a cracked grill on the dashboard, gouges from a pick when removing the bolt covers, bolts so tight they went halfway through the plastic, stains on the seats (they tried to clean the chemicals and oil ), a very strong smell of coolant coming from under the hood, a bolt fell out of the fender liner, coolant possibly leaking from somewhere on the passenger side of the engine bay, greasy hand prints on both front doors and handles, some foreign oil type smudge across the radio display, wires routed incorrectly under the dash, at least one broken clip/plug under the hood. I am sure I am missing a few things "

I am a 25 year mechanic myself and do all my own maintenance and repairs. I told them at the dealership I would do the diagnostic myself but they said it would void the warranty it it looked like I started touching stuff in there. Now what about the stuff this tech screwed up? It's just sad that it's so hard to find someone who takes pride in their work nowadays. I'm 41 years old and in all of years of doing this, I have never done anything like this to someone's vehicle, even if they were completely deserving of it.

I have pictures of every seam and gap before they touched it. Unfortunately I trust nobody and this is my proof.
You definitely need to put them in the thread that talks about dealership experience. They seem like they should be avoided at all cost

Albert193500

Reaction score
Here is some definitive proof the heater door is not closed

Watch "2019 Ram 3500 HVAC issue" on YouTube

Albert193500

Reaction score
Update 12/6/19

Sorry for the long delay on the updates. I have give the dealership my truck for 3 more time. One visit they had 10 days. I told them I need it Wednesday because I needed to move my RV. So 10 days pass, I called them that afternoon since I was in Orlando and it was a 2 hour drive to pick up the truck. They told me it was going to be done within the hour and I can pick it up by 5 pm. Well, I got there at 5:30 pm only to find my truck not even on the property. The manager says he was looking for my number to call me and say it was not done, and they need it for another day. After many unpleasant words, I left and drove the 2 hours back to Orlando. The next day I am reviewing the paperwork and find lie after lie. All the items that were damaged and broken by the tech were warrantied. The dealership made Ram pay for their screwups. On top of that half of the item were not done because they claim it was on backorder. They had weeks to order my parts. They also lied and said there was no problem found and they could not duplicate my concerns. I explained to the manager that I am not accepting my truck or signing anything unless the truth is in writing. We exchanged some more unpleasantness and he eventually put it all in a paragraph at the bottom. I took my truck and headed back home.

A week later my case manager finally called me back after 3 calls from me. I will sum up the 45 minute conversation. I was asked to have it diagnosed with a problem, I did, they found "warped" doors and HVAC box. She says there is no problems with it Nd the Field Rep says it's operating as designed so she is closing my case. She says that everything I have in writing is not sufficient for her to keep my case open. She also told me there is nothing Ram is going to do. When I informed her of the fraudulent activities the dealership did she told me that's none of my concern and not to worry about it. I have everything in writing, where the tech damaged these items and the dealership did nothing to him, he is still working there.

I asked them to trade me out of this truck and found on the lot an exact twin of mine. They did nothing as far as a deal for me, these clowns couldn't even get the same price I paid. They said "we are all in" but they were 3k more then I paid 3 months earlier. I showed them the paper from when I bought mine and they said there were no incentives to get to that number anymore. I told them to bill the service department for the 3k dollar difference, " we can't do that". So that was another dead end.
So now I have opened another case and got the same manager and waiting on a bunch of parts that will be here in another 2 weeks. I took it to another dealership because the air started to not cool, 60 degrees while in motion, ambient temperature was 67 degrees. They found low freon, so when I picked up the truck I spoke to the service manager and explained all of the issues. We went to the truck and I showed him the problem and we both agree it is a software issue. So he says he will speak to my rep and try to find a resolution on this. Now I think the evaporator is leaking because it is warming up again and it has only been 2 days since I had it recharged.

I am looking for a lawyer that will take a case like this, maybe even a class action. If anyone knows of anything please contact me and we can get this started. I have asked repeatedly for help from @RamCares and I am still stuck with no help or fix, the truck is worse than ever, and I have spent so much time and money trying to have this resolved.

JB2

Reaction score
Saying good luck feels trite in this situation, but good luck. You've really taken some lumps in this process... not to mention the parasitic nature of it on your personal time.

Albert193500

Reaction score
Saying good luck feels trite in this situation, but good luck. You've really taken some lumps in this process... not to mention the parasitic nature of it on your personal time.
Yep, it sucks on all fronts. I have been back to the dealership 20 or so times, I have seen @ramcdo so much more over someone with a very minor problem but for some reason they do nothing for a major issue like mine. One would expect Ram to contact the dealer and say something to make this right. Instead they side with them. This is very poor customer service on the second most expensive investment people make. It is very sad to say the least

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Hi All,

My 2019 3500 is having an issue where the AC is coming from the defrost in all modes. To clarify, when in vent mode it seaps from the defrost and constantly fogs up the windshield, the longer i sit or drive the worse it gets. If I turn the wipers on it gets worse much faster. If I put it in foot mode it is substantially worse.

I took it to the dealership and they have a case open due to it being a safety concern but told me that FCA is aware of the issue and there is nothing the can do. It was suggested to put a mat over it or rainx it. I have already rainx it. On the way to and from North Carolina I had to stuff clothes between the dash and windshield in order to drive at night. I checked 3 other trucks on the lot and they all did the same thing. This is a serious safety issue since I live in Florida and the humidity is always through the roof.
Does anyone else have this issue? How are you dealing with it?
Thanks in advance
Albert

Additional note...

My local dealer also did a recalibration of all mode doors and modules. There was no improvement at all.
File a NTSB complaint. Might help if not you then others.

Albert193500

Reaction score
It is stories like yours, that have convinced me not to buy a new ram. You've been to the dealership 20 times? Where do you find the time for that. My 2008 Ram 1500 has been to the dealership once, for a lifetime powertrain warranty inspection. The only issues I've ever had with this truck is 2 failed water pumps, and the wiper motor contacts needed cleaning.

I cannot fathom making a trip to the dealership every month.

I bought this truck a few months before beginning a semi-retirement lifestyle. We have decided to travel the country for 3 - 5 years. So this problem began 2 weeks after my purchase in July. I would drop it off on my lunch and pick it up after work, only to have to bring it back 2 days later or sooner. At one point I was there everyday to try and fight for a diagnosis because @RamCares would not help me unless the dealership found a problem. So I had to go back repeatedly to show the issue, or tell them how to find the problem. Arrigo Ram has a serious service shop issue. Not all the techs there are inept but Daniel ( tall Spanish guy ) lacks many skills needed be a technician. So, I did everything I could to help make my truck right. I am a 25 year mechanic. The factory service manual is on backorder. I want to see what it says about airflow from the vents. It will definitely help my case.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
I bought this truck a few months before beginning a semi-retirement lifestyle. We have decided to travel the country for 3 - 5 years. So this problem began 2 weeks after my purchase in July. I would drop it off on my lunch and pick it up after work, only to have to bring it back 2 days later or sooner. At one point I was there everyday to try and fight for a diagnosis because @RamCares would not help me unless the dealership found a problem. So I had to go back repeatedly to show the issue, or tell them how to find the problem. Arrigo Ram has a serious service shop issue. Not all the techs there are inept but Daniel ( tall Spanish guy ) lacks many skills needed be a technician. So, I did everything I could to help make my truck right. I am a 25 year mechanic. The factory service manual is on backorder. I want to see what it says about airflow from the vents. It will definitely help my case.
Even though this is not the heavy duty forum, what was the reason you traded off a 2 yr old same kind of truck?

2019REBEL

Reaction score
Nowadays there are no techs/mechanics they are just parts changers, if the WiTech tool or whatever they plug into the OBD port doesn't tell them anything they don't know what to do or can't replicate problem.
At least you are a mechanic and know what to do.

Albert193500

Reaction score
Both rigs look good, new one is definitely a hauler for sure! RAM builds them pretty! Are you transferring the front pushbar to the 3500?
Thank you, she is a hauler. According to the build sheet she can haul 31k pounds and 5600 payload. The only option I dont have for hauling is the airbags, I prefer leaf springs. I do love my truck and really loved my old truck. I didn't because I like the front with the chrome. The black truck looked good all blacked out. If I do put a front bumper on this truck I will buy a polished stainless one.

20191109_114733.jpg

Florida Truck

Reaction score
File a complaint to NHTA like most of us have, we all have this issue and no one has a fix.. Ram Cares just logs your concern and reaches out to your dealer, no resolution.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
My truck also has a foggy windshield from the leaking defroster. The only time it doesn’t do it is when it’s sunny out. It sux that I have to have the wipers in even when it’s not raining to clear up the fog.

Solution to this yet?

Users who are viewing this thread