5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AC blowing semi cold air

dakotafltrsei

Reaction score
Hello....i see there is a problem with AC units out there with a service bulletin. Just called the dealer and they said my 2019 RAM 2500 diesel is out of bumper to bumper warranty and service bulletins do not cover this problem as it is not a recall. Is this accurate regarding service bulletins or is the dealer just being a dealer?

I am aware of the bypass valve to heater core and high flow air filter thanks to this website and thank you for that. That will be my fix if dealer is correct in telling me to pound sand.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Sounds about right with warranty.
There is no recall for AC. Does the service notice you have state there is a customer improve campaign or extends a warranty on a feature? If not they are correct.

Service bulletins are just documents for commonly found problems with a resolution.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Did they say how much the job would cost?

6of36

Reaction score
Hello....i see there is a problem with AC units out there with a service bulletin. Just called the dealer and they said my 2019 RAM 2500 diesel is out of bumper to bumper warranty and service bulletins do not cover this problem as it is not a recall. Is this accurate regarding service bulletins or is the dealer just being a dealer?

I am aware of the bypass valve to heater core and high flow air filter thanks to this website and thank you for that. That will be my fix if dealer is correct in telling me to pound sand.
It's a fact that service bulletins are only free while under warranty. Only safety issues get recalls, which are different than a warranty.

6of36

Reaction score

Being that your 2500 is a 4th gen body, it's not the same as 5th gen 1500s, and wouldn't be the same fix anyway.

BowDown

Reaction score

Have you seen this thread?

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Good chance you need the TSB for redesign hvac housing. I’d contact @RamCares and ask for a good will repair. It’s their fault for the poor design, not yours.

Last edited:

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
listen...do yourself a favor, just get the Harbor freight hose clamp set, and put a clamp on the output hose like many have done. I know, I know...shouldn't have to do it on a $50-$60K vehicle, but I did like the others, and now all is right in my world. You don't have to completely clamp shut the hose, just maybe 80%, which allows a little flow through which I think is best...you will be happy. Take the clamp off during colder months.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Or the hack. If they won’t pay for might as well do this
IMG_3890.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread