5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ABS, Traction Control, Emergency breaks, and check engine lights came on

ItzBabin

Reaction score
so i turned my 22' dodge rebel on, the abs, traction control, and emergency breaks came on, as well the check engine light and it wouldnt lt me go over 40. So i turned off the truck and turned it back on and now its just showing the engine light.

70runner

Reaction score
Multiple, simultaneous alerts often suggest a marginal battery condition, perhaps loose terminal connection. Try a computer reset, disconnect battery for a few minutes.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
so i turned my 22' dodge rebel on, the abs, traction control, and emergency breaks came on, as well the check engine light and it wouldnt lt me go over 40. So i turned off the truck and turned it back on and now its just showing the engine light.
Have you done anything to drain the battery? My 2 year old Ram (at the time) would not come out of 1st gear. It was the battery.

JRock57

Reaction score
So funny story and I don't know if this is your case, but I put a Carven full exhaust on my rebel. Anyways I work for a roofing company and had to pick up some left-over shingles one day. I put 12 squares in the bed of my truck, I know too much weight. A couple days later the lights you listed came on. I didn't realize it until a couple days later but where the exhaust goes over the rear axle had contacted the wiring harness and melted that thing. So if you have an exhaust and put a lot of weight in your bed might be worth checking.

Users who are viewing this thread