5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Abs and traction control light on

hunter1234

Reaction score
An update, they state it is the ABS module and it will take a week to get it in, so now the truck will sit for a week while I drive the loaner they gave me. I hope that is truly the issue.

hunter1234

Reaction score
Well after 5 days in the shop they swapped the ABS module (4 day back order) and that was not the problem. They got an engineer on the phone and after 4 hours of going through computers and connections they traced the issue to a busted/bad wire to the speed sensor that was intermittently connecting or sending signals. Took a few hours to replace and no issues now. Hopefully this solved the issue.

AlphaRebel

Reaction score
I just had my 2019 REBEL have all 4 lights come on, SERVICE Electronic Stability Control, 4WD Temporarily Unavailable, ABS trouble light and Parking brake. All while I was driving in 4WD in a snow storm. Dropped it off at the dealer and apparently wire was rubbing on frame causing a ground issue. Tech re-routed and fixed ground problem.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I just had my 2019 REBEL have all 4 lights come on, SERVICE Electronic Stability Control, 4WD Temporarily Unavailable, ABS trouble light and Parking brake. All while I was driving in 4WD in a snow storm. Dropped it off at the dealer and apparently wire was rubbing on frame causing a ground issue. Tech re-routed and fixed ground problem.
Hi @AlphaRebel, we are very sorry to hear about your experience with these concerns! However, it sounds like you've taken the right steps & have been working with your local Ram dealer. If you would like additional support throughout your dealer service, please let us know and we would be more than willing to escalate a case on your behalf.

Kathryn
Ram Cares

Korbin_p

Reaction score
Ik this is for the dodge trucks but I have a Chrysler 200 2015 and my traction light comes on when I turn up the bass no volt drops or anything

AtlasRam1500

Reaction score
Added me to the Club traction, ABS, 4wd , Front and Rear Alerts, came back on again after they change a Rh wheel Speed Sensor, it did last 400 miles before it failed again

Mchurch52

Reaction score
Added me to the Club traction, ABS, 4wd , Front and Rear Alerts, came back on again after they change a Rh wheel Speed Sensor, it did last 400 miles before it failed again
I had the same problem. After swapping the speed sensor to the right rear wheel and ABS module didn't fix the problem, the tech statrted running wires. Eventually found one that was rubbing against a body mount under th ebed. So far that seems to have fixed the problem.

davidellis110

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue with my 2021 3500 Limited. The dealer is working with FCA and has opened a STAR case. The first fix was an ABS left front wheel sensor. Went to pick it up, all of the messages started to scroll through right in the dealers lot. They took it right in and read all of the codes. It took a week and a half for the new ABS module to arrive. Took it home last week and this morning the problem is back. 4,000 miles on a truck that was built in January and delivered in March. I hope that they can find a fix for it, I really like this truck.

AtlasRam1500

Reaction score
Notice the picture this is the Harness for the rear wheel Speed Sensor. When i purchased the Truck new the dealer add a 5th wheel trailer . For a customer that back out of the truck and went with a 2500. After 2 years and 40 K the harness rub against the bed from the Installation . the dealership i purchased from refuse to fix it i had to have it replace for $600

Attachments

• Wires 1.jpeg
    Wires 1.jpeg
    57.3 KB · Views: 72
  • Wires 2.jpeg
    Wires 2.jpeg
    56.9 KB · Views: 68

dlrsavannah

Reaction score
Bad wheel speed sensors will cause abs and traction control systems to cut off. Now this did happen on my wife's Merc and one of the front sensors was bad, once I replaced it the problem went away. Different vehicle but similar issue..

Bad luck

Reaction score
Well I’m taking my 2019 ram 2500 to the shop for the abs four wheel drive unavailable and traction control. The truck had 32000 mile when I got it and it now has 36000 miles.

Bad luck

Reaction score
Well I’m taking my 2019 ram 2500 to the shop for the abs four wheel drive unavailable and traction control. The truck had 32000 mile when I got it and it now has 36000 miles.
Does anyone have any ideas? Corwin dodge in Springfield Missouri will not keep me updated.

Mchurch52

Reaction score
Does anyone have any ideas? Corwin dodge in Springfield Missouri will not keep me updated.
I think like other posts in this thread have mentioned, most likely causes are a bad wheel speed sensor or a wiring harness between the wheel speed sensors and the ABS module that is rubbing somewhere. The dealer should be able to find which sensor is giving the faulty reading, then trouble shoot from there.

robertsws

Reaction score
UGH, 2020 Rebel with 13,000 miles and it's been in the shop for over a week now. They switched out a wheel speed sensor and told me it was fixed, but the lights came back on before I even got out of the dealership parking lot. I am highly annoyed that Ram hasn't seemed to put out a TSB or somehting on this as the dealership seems lost. This is apparently a common issue.

Avi

Reaction score
Yesterday I backed into a driveway to turn around. Put my truck into 4wd to not turf the wet driveway and as I pulled out my tires started to spin. I looked down to see service abs light on and was unable to put into 4wd. Kept saying 4wd temp unavailable. After digging myself out and getting back into the hard road everything seems fine. I'm currently bugging out at my camp to avoid the Corona virus scare. My truck has 30k on it what are my options? I'm not sure dealerships are open and I sorta need my 4wd to access my camp.
Same issue on a 2021 RAM 1500 all lights come on went to the dealer twice they said they have no idea, I showed them the posts which referenced the wheel speed sensor, ironically thats the first code they deleted, Very frustrating they couldn't give me an appointment for 3 weeks . They had the truck Tuesday and reset everything and it happened again Wednesday. Its difficult since its not a simple reset and the dealer has to do it. 3 weeks is unacceptable time to wait for a wheel speed sensor replacement. This is my 9th RAM in a row

Avi

Reaction score
Im going to take it in this week....maybe tomorrow
Same issue on a 2021 RAM 1500 all lights come on went to the dealer twice they said they have no idea, I showed them the posts which referenced the wheel speed sensor, ironically thats the first code they deleted, Very frustrating they couldn't give me an appointment for 3 weeks . They had the truck Tuesday and reset everything and it happened again Wednesday. Its difficult since its not a simple reset and the dealer has to do it. 3 weeks is unacceptable time to wait for a wheel speed sensor replacement. This is my 9th RAM in a row.

robertsws

Reaction score
Update - Sorry for the late update. After 5 weeks in and out of the shop, replacement of wheel sensors, etc. The issue was a short in the wiring behind the ABS. All good now.

KStev77

Reaction score
Hey guys seeing if you have any input today after backing out of my garage my service abs and traction control lights came on. 2019 ram 1500 north edition . It’s an ice storm here in Pennsylvania and my truck says I can’t put it in 4 wheel drive.
Did anyone find out the problem

Mchurch52

Reaction score
Did anyone find out the problem
The majority of the ones I've seen on the forum and my own truck's ABS issue were traced back to the wiring harness running from one of the wheel speed sensors on the back wheels and the ABS control module in the front. However RAM routed the wiring harness leads to chaffing of the bundle somewhere under the bed of the truck and the frame.

KStev77

Reaction score
The majority of the ones I've seen on the forum and my own truck's ABS issue were traced back to the wiring harness running from one of the wheel speed sensors on the back wheels and the ABS control module in the front. However RAM routed the wiring harness leads to chaffing of the bundle somewhere under the bed of the truck and the frame.
Excellent this just happened reversing out of my driveway ploughing into a little bit of snow. I hosed everything off underneath the truck and it doesn’t appear that anything is unplugged

Users who are viewing this thread