5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

About to make the leap

embo_9

Reaction score
Hello all. Let me introduce myself. I'm Bruce from scenic Lake Thunderhead in Northern Missouri. I'm about to make the leap into a Ram 1500 Laramie, likely Friday. I've been driving a Gen 1 Honda Ridgeline since 2005. Two different ones. Please don't bash the Ridgeline. It was a perfect truck for me for many, many years. However I now need significantly more towing ability and my latest Ridge is having issues. That said, I'm hoping to be a loyal member and contributor (when appropriate) to this forum, as I have been for almost 15 years in the Ridgeline Owners Club. Over the years the members there have saved me multiple hassles with their hints, tricks, tips and complaints. Here's hoping the same is true here as well. Safe travels all!

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome. I’m glad you’re coming over to Ram.

You mentioned “significantly more towing ability”. Just make sure you read up on the towing capacity of your particular model since the towing capacity varies significantly based on the options on the model you get. There are a number of threads here that go into great depth on towing. It would be bad if you got a 1500 when you really needed a HD.

embo_9

Reaction score
Welcome. I’m glad you’re coming over to Ram.

You mentioned “significantly more towing ability”. Just make sure you read up on the towing capacity of your particular model since the towing capacity varies significantly based on the options on the model you get. There are a number of threads here that go into great depth on towing. It would be bad if you got a 1500 when you really needed a HD.
Thank you. I'll take a look. At the same time, I'm going from a truck with 5K tow rating to one with more than double that. My Ridgeline was rated for what I needed, but struggled.

Users who are viewing this thread