5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AAWireless Review

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have one on order as well. Any more battery drain problems?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

No, just the one time and the battery has been fine since. I'm guessing the built in USB hub got hung somehow and ran in high power draw all night since I can't replicate it and it's not the battery.

Reaction score
Just placed an order for October delivery. Long wait but I'm sure it will be worth it. I was going to get it awhile back when it was still $55 but now it's $75. Ah well I'm just glad to have a solution for short trips and multiple stops where I won't need to constantly unplug my phone. Like when I scan my phone to pay for debit transactions at drive thru windows I constantly have to unplug and plug back in.

I wonder why they are still doing this work crowdfunding? This has been out for long enough I'd think and seems like a popular item. You'd think they would now have the capital to start a regular webpage store or sell on amazon.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just placed an order for October delivery. Long wait but I'm sure it will be worth it. I was going to get it awhile back when it was still $55 but now it's $75. Ah well I'm just glad to have a solution for short trips and multiple stops where I won't need to constantly unplug my phone. Like when I scan my phone to pay for debit transactions at drive thru windows I constantly have to unplug and plug back in.

I wonder why they are still doing this work crowdfunding? This has been out for long enough I'd think and seems like a popular item. You'd think they would now have the capital to start a regular webpage store or sell on amazon.
They have to finish what they promised before it will be closed and they can start regular production.

Reaction score
They have to finish what they promised before it will be closed and they can start regular production.

Finish what they promised in what regard? With a promised amount with the factory building the stuff?

Because they are still taking orders as I just ordered. It seems like they have sold 3 million dollars worth of funding/backing/product.

In any case I'm patient and know it could be waiting a long time. Maybe even into 2022 even though my perk is for October shipping. Besides not like there are very many alternatives.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
No, just the one time and the battery has been fine since. I'm guessing the built in USB hub got hung somehow and ran in high power draw all night since I can't replicate it and it's not the battery.
Glad to hear. Hopefully it’s just a fluke.

vincentw56

Reaction score
Finish what they promised in what regard? With a promised amount with the factory building the stuff?

Because they are still taking orders as I just ordered. It seems like they have sold 3 million dollars worth of funding/backing/product.

In any case I'm patient and know it could be waiting a long time. Maybe even into 2022 even though my perk is for October shipping. Besides not like there are very many alternatives.
They made a commitment through the crowd funding site. You know, x number available at this level, etc. They need to full fill those levels. And with them getting pushed out due to supply issues that is more difficult. The units are still in "beta" too. So I'm sure they want to get all the bugs worked out before it is commercially available.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I'm blaming it on the 2019 battery. Had to jump it four times now and replaced it Sat.
Man, that stinks. Happened to me about two years ago. Same as you, had to jump it several times. After a couple of trips to the dealer, they finally agreed that the battery was bad. No issues since.

sailouterbanks

Reaction score
Got mine today. Went through the setup process but got stuck on the connect to Bluetooth screen. Kept retrying but no joy. Rebooted phone but still stuck on that screen. While on that screen, I went to my bluetooth devices selected aawireless and everything started working. Shut everything down and tried again later, after the connection process the a message popped up the truck screen “Device not compatible”, hit ok and Android Auto works! Then I have to hit the AA icon to bring up map etc. Any ideas? Does this every time it connects now.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got mine today. Went through the setup process but got stuck on the connect to Bluetooth screen. Kept retrying but no joy. Rebooted phone but still stuck on that screen. While on that screen, I went to my bluetooth devices selected aawireless and everything started working. Shut everything down and tried again later, after the connection process the a message popped up the truck screen “Device not compatible”, hit ok and Android Auto works! Then I have to hit the AA icon to bring up map etc. Any ideas? Does this every time it connects now.

I've noticed I'm getting far more "device not compatible" errors with the latest FW (1.5). I'm sure it will get sorted out.

FrankieG

Reaction score
After the last firmware update I was having some issues with the device connecting on startup. I changed the USB setting from default to MTP and so far it has been working pretty reliably.

sailouterbanks

Reaction score
After the last firmware update I was having some issues with the device connecting on startup. I changed the USB setting from default to MTP and so far it has been working pretty reliably.

I did the same and it appears to be working. I wish that android auto would allow me to bring up recent text messages to reply to them. Recent phone call come up but only texts since AA has been running.

G2outdoors

Reaction score
Thank you for this OP!

Can confirm step 2 (deleting all the screen mirroring devices) solves the connection problem.

AAwireless is totally awesome. So glad I backed the project almost a year ago lol

2020Big4x4Horn

Reaction score
Still waiting on mine from the supposed june-july delivery.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

KNON2000

Reaction score
They had a big issue with chip shortages and are currently testing a new chip-set that seems to be working, hopefully it will allow for a faster shipment.
FYI - there should be no battery issues caused by the AA unit, there is very, very limited drain from it. I have not had an issue with that and I have been beta testing since last summer. The biggest issue we dealt with was the constant on nature of the USB ports utilized for AA on the pickup. That has been resolved with the start/stop feature.
Unfortunately being at the mercy of the Chinese manufacturing industry to produce these units, it's going to be quite a while before they are going to be sold "commercially" however I have seen them available on Ebay from time to time.
You will get your units, just taking longer than anyone expected...including me!

sailouterbanks

Reaction score
Periodically now when I get in the truck it says do you want to pair a phone because my phone is no longer paired and I have to pair it again. I also find that sometime AAwireless fails to load if I have remote started the truck or if I am on the phone when I start the truck. Anyone having these issues?

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Periodically now when I get in the truck it says do you want to pair a phone because my phone is no longer paired and I have to pair it again. I also find that sometime AAwireless fails to load if I have remote started the truck or if I am on the phone when I start the truck. Anyone having these issues?

No, not having that at all. Every now and then I get a "Device not supported" message but I just tap OK and everything works fine.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A USPS tracking number was generated on Oct 4 for my June delivery device. It has not shipped yet. I didnt get an email but happened to check my Indegogo account and it was listed there.

vincentw56

Reaction score
A USPS tracking number was generated on Oct 4 for my June delivery device. It has not shipped yet. I didnt get an email but happened to check my Indegogo account and it was listed there.
Same here

Users who are viewing this thread