5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A/T tires

Hemogoblin

Reaction score
Well durn... I’ve only had them on for 7000 miles so far but they’ve been good. Keep in mind, I don’t have those crappy street SR-As that come as OEM on many trucks.. I have the Wrangler A/Ts with Kevlar. Guess I’ll have to wait and see how they hold up. I do plan on getting Falken Wildpeak AT3s or BF Goodrich KO2s when these wear out.
Maybe the Kevlar ones are different, but I was referring to the stock Rebel Wrangler tires. They are fine and great in the dry and warm, but once the temp drops, they're like stones.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the Toyo open country AT 3. So far so good. Quiet at low speeds but then i hear the tire hum anything over 50 mpg.

Great off-road in sand and some mud in woods compared to stock Bridgestone.Haven’t tested the snow part yet because it hasn’t snowed here in New Jersey yet.

Personally my favorite is the KO2...however if I can get a AT tire with snowflake rated, and $100 cheaper (per tire) it was hard to ignore.

44881a8d48b2ddb974fcfef8822d2a63.jpg

Owner of a 2020 Ram Laramie, 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Maconi

Reaction score
Nitto makes the most over-rated A/T tires on the market. Never before have I seen and heard such mixed reviews on a tire. Even on their own website the reviews are about 3 stars.

Sadly, Toyo is the parent company of Nitto and the Toyo ATIII is the second most over-rated tire on the market. It's over-priced, it's milder than the ATII it replaced, it's ugly, the sidewalls are plain, and the rubber compound results in mixed reviews for rain and snow.

Clearly there are a lot of guys here who like to ride band wagons. ;)

If you truly want a GREAT all-terrain tire, you're going to need to look at the Falken Wildpeak A/T3W, Yokohama Geolandar X-AT, BF Goodrich KO2, etc.

The Falken is the best tire I've ever had on a truck, but I'm about to give the Yokohama a whirl because it's one of the few brands I've never done a long-term review on yet.

I've only seen good things about the Toyo ATIII so far though (although they haven't been out very long so it's hard to find reliable reviews right now)? The Falken Wildpeak A/T3W were definitely right behind them in my research (if I was buying an AT tire right now it would probably be between those two for sure).

I agree about the Nitto tires though. I think the Ridge Grappler looks cool but I'd never use them from what I've read after some digging.

Second worst tires I ever owned, but then again I don't go off/road much anymore. I'm sure they work great off-road, but they don't wear well when used on the highway. I didn't have much trouble with them in the rain, but they do not perform well in snow. I know, A/T tires aren't snow tires, but snow is a fact of life for some of us.

What, the Nitto or Toyo ATIII (if you mean Toyo, did you have the ATII or ATIII)?

I have the Toyo open country AT 3. So far so good. Quiet at low speeds but then i hear the tire hum anything over 50 mpg.

Yeah, I've read a lot of reviews complaining about tire noise at highway speeds.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
At this point, most AT tires with the aggressive tread will most likely have some kind of road noise. My wife has the wrangler duratrac, and it's definitely alot louder than mine.

Don't know about the Falken wild peaks, but I know the KO2 probly the quiet ones out of the top rated AT tires..but still, you will hear them.

So far so good with the Toyo at3. I'm a bit picky with tire road noise, but your going to have to tolerate some road noise with AT.

Owner of a 2020 Ram Laramie, 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
1) wildpeak at3W

2) toyo OC AT III (noisier and overpriced)

3) ridge grappler (overpriced even more but not as noisey)

4) BFG KO2 (noisey, overpriced and hefty hefty hef - tee)

5) drag radials

6) cooper discoverers.... (the coooooooooooper slideeeeeeeee when over 10k miles)

7) raw dogging it

8) it burns when i go pp

9) she was worth it

10) I hope she was on birth control

11) i just keep adding more

In all seriousness my other set of 275/60r20 Wildpeak AT3W just got delivered today. Bought cyber monday for $200/tire.

Attachments

• 137F254D-305D-409A-B5E5-47DAD5EE2A81.jpeg
    137F254D-305D-409A-B5E5-47DAD5EE2A81.jpeg
    223.9 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What about the Goodyear Wranglers (standard on Rebel)?
View attachment 76070
I have the Rebel and will be rolling with these this winter. Upstate NY so there will be snow. So far no snow they are fine for everyday driving although I will spin tires in wet conditions if I am heavy off a stop. I only have 2700K on them so it isn't due to lack of tread,

cdn.tbird

Reaction score
... I'm about to give the Yokohama a whirl because it's one of the few brands I've never done a long-term review on yet.
I have been a fan of Yokohama's since the 80s and used to run them on my sports cars. Yokohama's tend to use a very soft compound. The grip is amazing, but they do wear very quickly. I had their Super Diggers on my old CJ, barely lasted a year. Expensive lesson learned :cool:

Texas_Ram

Reaction score
Installed Toyo AT/3 today. 285/55r22. Tread warranty, looks good, quiet, smooth ride.
Not many tires come In 285/55r22 in A/T, but I picked Toyo over Nitto Ridge grapplers because of the mixed reviews on rain performance Nitto has. It rains here Friday, so testing out soon. The Toyo A/T 3 are snow rated, but it rarely snows here in Texas .
51208b0a7e0e46fb308c1294e7861bcd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
What, the Nitto or Toyo ATIII (if you mean Toyo, did you have the ATII or ATIII)?
Yeah, that's my bad. I was talking about the ATII. Should have paid more attention I guess. Sorry about that. I wasn't even aware that they came out with the ATIII's. Looks like they've definitely improved them. And I see that they are 3PMSF rated as well.

apineta

Reaction score
Installed Toyo AT/3 today. 285/55r22. Tread warranty, looks good, quiet, smooth ride.
Not many tires come In 285/55r22 in A/T, but I picked Toyo over Nitto Ridge grapplers because of the mixed reviews on rain performance Nitto has. It rains here Friday, so testing out soon. The Toyo A/T 3 are snow rated, but it rarely snows here in Texas .

Any rubbing with tire?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Not many tires come In 285/55r22 in A/T, but I picked Toyo over Nitto Ridge grapplers because of the mixed reviews on rain performance Nitto has. It rains here Friday, so testing out soon. The Toyo A/T 3 are snow rated, but it rarely snows here in Texas.
I LOVE the Toyo AT3! Great choice

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have run BFG All-Terrain KO2, Nitto Terra Grappler G2, Goodyear Wrangler All-Terrain, Falken Wildpeak AT3W, and Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain Plus on my vehicles. My current tire is the Pirelli and I bought it because of the price and the look; they aren't bad. However, looking back at the all the tires that I had, the Falken Wildpeak AT3W were the best for look, wet/snow traction, and noise. While I like my Pirelli's; I will absolutely buy the Falken Wildpeaks next and stop experimenting.

realralfy

Reaction score
I love the Bridgestone Dueler Revo 3...

Its the best AT tire Ive ever had in the rain and it is does very well in the snow...

It also happens to be the best riding E-rated tire I have ever run.

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Unfortunately, there is no AT tire that is good in snow.

Snow tires are good in snow.
Not true. Nokian Rotiiva AT Plus are very good in snow. Not Hakka good, but good.

They aren’t as aggressive off road, but work. They are tough, aramid reinforced sidewall, cut resistant, 18mm tread depth, LT 123S 10 ply E load, severe service/3MPSF and not too loud. They’re on my “adventure-season wheels”, for winter, off road, beach, dirt bike, backwoods camping, and off-road towing. Would buy them again in an instant.

Last edited:

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac 275/60/20s installed last week. No lift or level, no rubbing, surprisingly quiet, AWESOME in the snow. This size fills the wheel wells just right. Love them so far...

D4A6A555-4989-4009-830C-C9D0154B3459.jpeg 5644061E-AAC8-48BD-8A12-AC60A03296E5.jpeg 14F17741-C49E-4B22-9706-9599F898AA09.jpeg

AcerOne

Reaction score
I run the Yokohama G015's and for ride quality, noise and winter performance, theyre amazing.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
For those with the Coopers, be aware of the recall on certain sizes of them.

Hadit55

Reaction score

Great off-road in sand and some mud in woods compared to stock Bridgestone.Haven’t tested the snow part yet because it hasn’t snowed here in New Jersey yet.

Personally my favorite is the KO2...however if I can get a AT tire with snowflake rated, and $100 cheaper (per tire) it was hard to ignore.

44881a8d48b2ddb974fcfef8822d2a63.jpg

What size tires are these? Looks great

Users who are viewing this thread