5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A little ticked off at the dealer

RichT

Reaction score
you got off easy. mine had 5 miles on it the Sunday I purchased it. Didn't take it because service was closed and it was fresh off the truck needing PDI or whatever they call it.

...got in the morning with 26 miles on it - and a 1/4 tank of gas.

evidently, programming the computer is gas intensive. :ROFLMAO: Hope they got a good joy ride cause i am going to stick them with every little thing that comes up

...today is actually my 30 days since purchase and they still owe me running boards. Told them a week ago I didn't want to wait for the tubular and to get me the rb20's....said 'ok' and then crickets

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If these tiny things bother you that much, refuse the truck. I mean why would you accept it and then plan to intentionally create an adversarial relationship. Not smart.

That doesn't make your life any easier and it sure doesn't bode well for the next guy like me who now has to deal with a service manager put into a bad mood over nothing.

RichT

Reaction score
sorry if you feel others insisting on warranty work hinders your ability to get proper service. your dealership must be as bad as mine

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On Saturday I spent the day at the dealership negotiating on a Laramie Crew 4x4 with the black package.

The truck is in transit somewhere in Nevada, en route to SoCal.

They sent me to finance to pay for it, wouldn't take a deposit - I know, odd.

Anyway when walking out the general sales manager says "We will call you when it's here and ready to pick up" and to that I reply "sounds good, please make sure the tank is topped off" and he quickly says "Ram stopped reimbursing us for gas so we no longer do that"

I write a check for 60K plus and they can't fill up the tank?

Is this standard? I am really down on all of the FCA dealerships lately. A lot of runaround and no integrity, jumped through hoops to find an honest dealership.

Obviously, I am going to take my sweet sweet time inspecting it when it arrives and will not drive it off the lot if there are any issues. Thank you to this forum for compiling a detailed delivery check list.

Edit: Dealership is Tuttle-Click
I was very happy with my dealership. Full tank of gas, all weather mats thrown in and ultimately bought me the bed divider because FCA took it out of BUG and I was pissed. I have never not gotten a full tank of gas or all weather mats thrown in on any vehicle I've bought. Poor customer service. A dealer can eat $60 for a tank of gas after you spent 60k. Ridiculous.

Kamikaze6780

Reaction score
That is 100% the dealerships decision. Something even that minor would make me stop doing business with them.

Rtl Colorado

Reaction score
My New one had a quarter of a tank
Less than the one I traded in.
Last one came with a full tank from
Dennis Dillon but I had a thousand mile drive home.

ShermanOaks

Reaction score
I honestly can’t belive anyone would even discuss this. Who cares it’s just a tank of gas. But hey.... to each his own

Because it's very odd - it's embarrassing for the dealer from a customer service point of view. Also, that tank of gas cost them my business on future purchases.

Ramlax

Reaction score
Because it's very odd - it's embarrassing for the dealer from a customer service point of view. Also, that tank of gas cost them my business on future purchases.
If that’s how you feel..... then that’s how you feel.

V8Spock

Reaction score
It could be because you were negotiating on their turf. In the showroom, they know you’ll probably not walk for a tank of gas after all the time you’ve invested.

Negotiate from home by email and phone. Put a full tank on your list with everything else. Now you’ve got it in writing. You have the advantage.

PTRAM

Reaction score
Sounds like you have a penny pinching dealer who won't fill up the tank. My dealer has the salesman fill it up as the last thing they do before I leave in my new vehicle. Like others, they filled my 33 gallon tank on my Ram this time.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Every vehicle I have ever bought, new or used, came with a full tank of gas. When I sold my 14 year old SUV a couple months ago, I also made sure to have it full when they picked it up. Just seems like a common courtesy to me.

brewdad

Reaction score
you got off easy. mine had 5 miles on it the Sunday I purchased it. Didn't take it because service was closed and it was fresh off the truck needing PDI or whatever they call it.

...got in the morning with 26 miles on it - and a 1/4 tank of gas.

evidently, programming the computer is gas intensive. :ROFLMAO: Hope they got a good joy ride cause i am going to stick them with every little thing that comes up

...today is actually my 30 days since purchase and they still owe me running boards. Told them a week ago I didn't want to wait for the tubular and to get me the rb20's....said 'ok' and then crickets
There is more than "programming the computer" required of the technician when performing a new vehicle prep; a copy of the prep form should be included when a vehicle is sold; after completing the checklist, the tech is required to road test the truck in order to find and correct any problems found; if everything checks out good, he may only drive it for four or five miles or maybe the tires were out of balance or something else found and the tech returned to the shop to correct problem and had to test drive again.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When we ordered ours the salesmsan made a point of telling us that FCA is too cheap to pay for gas and pointed it out on their invoice.

Every destination charge I've seen from vehicles coming half a world away is 1/2 what FCA charges.

...and yet, here we all are, paying it.
The shipping charges in the past were negotiated by the teamsters not set by the manufacturer. Years ago the shipping charge was based on the actual distance. Then the long distance dealers felt that put them at a disadvantage so now it doesn't matter if the dealer 20 miles or 2000 miles away from the the assembly plant. The shipping is the same.

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There is more than "programming the computer" required of the technician when performing a new vehicle prep; a copy of the prep form should be included when a vehicle is sold; after completing the checklist, the tech is required to road test the truck in order to find and correct any problems found; if everything checks out good, he may only drive it for four or five miles or maybe the tires were out of balance or something else found and the tech returned to the shop to correct problem and had to test drive again.

Thanks for sharing that. People complaining about a few miles on the odometer and then jumping to the conclusion of a "joy ride" really have this backwards.

Those miles come from a desire to make sure the truck is right; I'd be more concerned if it had zero miles.

RenoRam

Reaction score
At least the dealer said they wouldn't fill it up. Not the best of service but imo, would rather have better service after the purchase as that relationship will likely be more long term. Just my 2 cents.

Users who are viewing this thread