5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A little ticked off at the dealer

Gauge

Reaction score
My dealer gave me 2 $25 gift cards for Exxon to fill my tank up when I got the keys. Had 1/2 tank already so I really got more than a free tank!

ShermanOaks

Reaction score
I cancelled the transaction as they didn't produce the truck in transit by the date that they promised.

Upside: I wound up buying a Limited with ORG from another dealer farther away and they delivered it with a full tank of gas. Couldn't have been an easier transaction. Shout out to Courtesy Ram in San Juan Capistrano.

IMG_0424 (1).jpg

RichT

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing that. People complaining about a few miles on the odometer and then jumping to the conclusion of a "joy ride" really have this backwards.

Those miles come from a desire to make sure the truck is right; I'd be more concerned if it had zero miles.

Thanks for sharing that. People complaining about a few miles on the odometer and then jumping to the conclusion of a "joy ride" really have this backwards.

Those miles come from a desire to make sure the truck is right; I'd be more concerned if it had zero miles.

Yeah, that is fine, valid points.

If I had anything near to the feeling that my dealership valued my business, I'd probably feel otherwise....but I don't. They simply have the best prices and push the most volume in the area. I knew that going in but still expected a little better service then I received.

Example,
My dealer has never once called me during or after this purchase. And they have had reason to. Prior, I called and spoke to a sales guy who was going to check when the Rebel 12's listed as 'en route' on their website were due to arrive. Never called back. I ended up visiting (30 miles) to find out and it was sitting in the lot, fresh off the truck. Sale went to his coworker.

And after sale, 32 days later, they still owe me running boards and have never called to follow up. I've called a bunch...nicely. Crickets. Even Spoke to the sales manager early last week who agreed to cancel the order and send me RB20's, but said he had to 'check something'....

...must have been something complex because I haven't heard from him since.

so I want to believe...

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, that is fine, valid points.

If I had anything near to the feeling that my dealership valued my business, I'd probably feel otherwise....but I don't. They simply have the best prices and push the most volume in the area. I knew that going in but still expected a little better service then I received.

Example,
My dealer has never once called me during or after this purchase. And they have had reason to. Prior, I called and spoke to a sales guy who was going to check when the Rebel 12's listed as 'en route' on their website were due to arrive. Never called back. I ended up visiting (30 miles) to find out and it was sitting in the lot, fresh off the truck. Sale went to his coworker.

And after sale, 32 days later, they still owe me running boards and have never called to follow up. I've called a bunch...nicely. Crickets. Even Spoke to the sales manager early last week who agreed to cancel the order and send me RB20's, but said he had to 'check something'....

...must have been something complex because I haven't heard from him since.

so I want to believe...

Ah, I get where you're coming from now, RT. Yeah... you're justified for sure because that's a crappy way to treat customers. Unprofessional and just crappy.

I'm spoiled because I happened upon a good dealer, but even so, I avoid them and all dealers like the plague.

Or maybe... I've adjusted my expectations so low that they seem like a good dealer. Not sure lol

Users who are viewing this thread