5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A few possible mods, which to do??

Th8785

Reaction score
My father works at a dealership, and I will have them flash it. Thanks for the heads up! It will be nice to control them from the touch screen :)
always nice to know someone. word of advice, remember they are there lol sad how many times ive hit my shins just putting something into the back seat not thinking about them

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not at all....Corsa is the only one out there that can do this..
I am more than happy with my decision with the magnaflow 19429 and there is no note change when mds engages. I thought it sounded great to begin with but after I installed AFE stage 2 CAI It sounded so much better!

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You might want to check out how lengthy of install it is to add the factory power steps versus amps. IIRC it’s quite a bit more involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

screamin chicken

Reaction score
So you don't hear the note change when going in and out of MDS? Find that hard to believe.
I hope that is what he means because I ordered the Corsa myself, I have to wait until the end of March because Corsa is out of stock. I see that a lot have said to replace the Rear Sway, I thought my 2021 Limited handles pretty good, is because of the Air ride, would replacing my rear Sway improve mine.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I hope that is what he means because I ordered the Corsa myself, I have to wait until the end of March because Corsa is out of stock. I see that a lot have said to replace the Rear Sway, I thought my 2021 Limited handles pretty good, is because of the Air ride, would replacing my rear Sway improve mine.
Let us know how it works out.

Cheers,

RedWhite&PatriotBlue

Reaction score
UPDATE: Mopar power boards installed, and I love them! My wife approves as well, really helps her load the kid into the truck.

Now to save and move onto the next item...rear sway bar.

RedWhite&PatriotBlue

Reaction score
UPDATE: Chrome mirror caps replaced with True Blue ones, such a better look now! Also got the Hellwig sway bar installed. I put it on the middle setting and took it for a spin. Body roll feels a lot better on the curves, dips, and dives in the road! Onto exhaust...Biden was gracious enough to provide funds and its my duty to stimulate the economy (insert self back pat here) 😆

Attachments

• 20210321_120225.jpg
    20210321_120225.jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 43
  • 20210321_111443.jpg
    20210321_111443.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 43

Erickr123

Reaction score
To update, I've decided to go with running boards first. It'll help the wife out, and my kid in the future. Being 6'3". I don't have any issue but the wife has to use the oh sh!t handle to get in and out!

Been looking at the install, doesn't seem to bad. I can get a Mopar kit for $1250, so I'll probably go that route over AMP.
Where did you see $1250? Looking to install on my 2020 Quad Cab.

realralfy

Reaction score
My Borla ATAK is the same, Corsa isn't only one
Wasn't my experience at all with my Borla S-type...I noted a pronounced drone when the MDS kicked in with the Borla...took it off sold it and bought the Corsa...no drone.

The Ataknis super loud, maybe it just overcomes the drone ..

I wanted to like the Borla....it's made in my hometown and I actually preferred the note....but the drone was a killer for me...

Last edited:

CMil527

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Exhaust is totally subjective but I currently have a Borla ATAK on my Ram and just came out of a Yukon lease for 3 years with a Corsa Touring system with cyclinder deactivation as well and noticed no discernable difference in either when in that mode.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Wasn't my experience at all with my Borla S-type...I noted a pronounced drone when the MDS kicked in with the Borla...took it off sold it and bought the Corsa...no drone.

I wanted to like the Borla....it's made in my hometown and I actually preferred the note....but the drone was a killer for me...
I can't say there is any drone with my Borla. Cruising at highway speeds, you barely hear the exhaust inside, and no discernible difference when MDS turns on unless you are really paying attention. Meaning, turn off radio, and be specifically listening for it.

RedWhite&PatriotBlue

Reaction score
I can't say there is any drone with my Borla. Cruising at highway speeds, you barely hear the exhaust inside, and no discernible difference when MDS turns on unless you are really paying attention. Meaning, turn off radio, and be specifically listening for it.
HSKR - Your ATAK is that quiet? I'm looking at the S-Type, as the ATAK sound clips with over ear headphones on sounds much to loud for me. I daily my truck, so want to hear the exhaust when you want it for the on-ramps to the hwy, and to know the Hemi is there when driving around town, but not overwhelming just running errands.

RedWhite&PatriotBlue

Reaction score

Realralfy - When comparing the Corsa to the S-Type, how are the sound levels? Either one louder than the other? I like Corsa a lot, but man their proud of their name and let you know at checkout!

CMil527

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
HSKR - Your ATAK is that quiet? I'm looking at the S-Type, as the ATAK sound clips with over ear headphones on sounds much to loud for me. I daily my truck, so want to hear the exhaust when you want it for the on-ramps to the hwy, and to know the Hemi is there when driving around town, but not overwhelming just running errands.
It's definately not quiet but extremely tame imo for around town and super aggressive when u get on it, i love it!!

realralfy

Reaction score
Realralfy - When comparing the Corsa to the S-Type, how are the sound levels? Either one louder than the other? I like Corsa a lot, but man their proud of their name and let you know at checkout!
The S-type is much louder than the Corsa....

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Cruising in the highway and light throttle it's not loud inside the cab. Can easily carry in a normal conversation, even with radio on. It's really only loud when you want it to be, and even then, inside the cab it's not bad. Gotta remember, most sound clips are made from outside.

Users who are viewing this thread