5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A few possible mods, which to do??

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I picked up my RAM at the end of 2020, and finally sold one of my older cars and have cash burning a hole in my pocket. I've got a few mods in mind, but what should I tackle first? Each one runs about $1000-1500 depending, except for the sway bar. I am also open to suggestions here. I've already got the windows tinted, bed liner, and bed cover taken care of.

In no particular order:
1) Mopar (or AMP) power boards
2) Borla S-Type Exhaust
3) Mopar 2-inch lift
4) Hellwig Rear Sway Bar
4) Off road tires
5) Wheels
My order would be:

1) Power Boards
2) Helwig
3) Lift, Wheels/Tires (all at the same time).
4) Exhaust

Th8785

Reaction score
I installed the amp research boards on mine last week. LOVE them. Wife doesn't complain about climbing in now and my kids have no issues getting in and out. Took maybe 2.5 hours to install...still need to put the leds on for the steps, but im on the fence about drilling the holes.

mechanic_84

Reaction score
Do the exhaust I installed Borla ATAK and love the way it sounds!!! Should come like this from factory!

RedWhite&PatriotBlue

Reaction score
To update, I've decided to go with running boards first. It'll help the wife out, and my kid in the future. Being 6'3". I don't have any issue but the wife has to use the oh sh!t handle to get in and out!

Been looking at the install, doesn't seem to bad. I can get a Mopar kit for $1250, so I'll probably go that route over AMP.

86grand

Reaction score
To update, I've decided to go with running boards first. It'll help the wife out, and my kid in the future. Being 6'3". I don't have any issue but the wife has to use the oh sh!t handle to get in and out!

Been looking at the install, doesn't seem to bad. I can get a Mopar kit for $1250, so I'll probably go that route over AMP.
I believe Amp makes the mopar kit. I'd check for discounts on parts at local dealerships for the order. I think i saw 15% and some other coupon for 10% near me. The boards will definitely help the wife and kid in the future.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score

Good choice. It's a great feature to have.

Th8785

Reaction score

I looked into tbe mopar ones as well before purchasing my amp powerstep. They need to be programmed into your computer, so if you dont have alpha odb, the dealer will habe to set them up.

RedWhite&PatriotBlue

Reaction score
I looked into tbe mopar ones as well before purchasing my amp powerstep. They need to be programmed into your computer, so if you dont have alpha odb, the dealer will habe to set them up.
My father works at a dealership, and I will have them flash it. Thanks for the heads up! It will be nice to control them from the touch screen :)

Users who are viewing this thread