5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A/C Performance

turkeybird56

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. I really hope this doesnt happen to me. Does your AC work better at least?
YES, vent temps center stack was in the low to high 50's. Now temps depending upon vent: 46-49-50. A lot better. BUT now I have no Remote Start ref AC turning on as set: SO If U get it done, before U even leave dealership: Start truck, set AC on high. Turn off. Get out of truck. Lock,. Wait 1 minute. Remote start. Go into truck and check, just a saying. See my entry # 1020 and various other posts if U want.

turkeybird56

Reaction score
Thank you for the advice. I definitely will
NAH, not advice sir, just a very definitive suggestion. Looks like I am on a serious wait ref this issue. The dealership is booked out 45 days in advance ref loaner vehicles and my truck will have to return and stay at dealership so they can further investigate ref initiate a STAR case. Puts me beyond my warranty date, but SA assured since was an issue prior, will be covered. SO I got to wait till I can get a loaner so then they can take truck and get nothing done to get STAR initiated, what a BS and PITA.

Ford House has a really nice F 150 for sale (new) that maybe I may explore and go there and see where all the chips fall ref wat I get for my RAM vs MSRP etc. I am that not happy. And this is the 4th RAM I have owned in a row. I hate getting lied to, just saying.

turkeybird56

Reaction score
BUT U know, except for this, TRUCK has been spot on (with the few random recalls done). BUT do I really like the Remote Start/Cool da Ride cause when it gets to 110 out, guess UI be spoiled. But at 50K a pop, U know.

ac1dd

Reaction score
BUT U know, except for this, TRUCK has been spot on (with the few random recalls done). BUT do I really like the Remote Start/Cool da Ride cause when it gets to 110 out, guess UI be spoiled. But at 50K a pop, U know.
There is no way this issue can't be resolved, seems like a matter of
using their dedicated Chrysler scan tool/software to adjust things back to the original default you had. Incompetence is rampant at most dealerships and has been for decades.
Seems to me like the lead tech shop foreman is going to know the answer, but if they don't they can contact the tech line to get the answers they need.

turkeybird56

Reaction score
There is no way this issue can't be resolved, seems like a matter of
using their dedicated Chrysler scan tool/software to adjust things back to the original default you had. Incompetence is rampant at most dealerships and has been for decades.
Seems to me like the lead tech shop foreman is going to know the answer, but if they don't they can contact the tech line to get the answers they need.
YEAH, but WTH, over.

Wsmith

Reaction score
I have mine set for an "evaluation" on Wednesday, I think I will cancel it and just put a manual valve on the engine out water line (Muzzy). My dealer said they would not offer a loaner on a TSB repair. With the price of rentals and they stated they would need the truck for a full week, if it passes the evaluation. I think they achieved their goal of having me go away.

turkeybird56

Reaction score
I have mine set for an "evaluation" on Wednesday, I think I will cancel it and just put a manual valve on the engine out water line (Muzzy). My dealer said they would not offer a loaner on a TSB repair. With the price of rentals and they stated they would need the truck for a full week, if it passes the evaluation. I think they achieved their goal of having me go away.
My dealer kept my truck 2 full days. Took in the morning, kept till the following afternoon. Since they have no loaners, they gave me a ride home and picked me up the next afternoon. AC works better, now if they can just figure out the programming issue that stops the AC/HEAT from engaging on remote start from where set when off. BUT, I have to wait till they get a loaner available before I have them do, so on a holding pattern.

ADDED: manual valve: if U close all the way, U have nothing running through Heater Core so U have no "warm" air if needed to clear windows, just a saying.

Wsmith

Reaction score
My dealer kept my truck 2 full days. Took in the morning, kept till the following afternoon. Since they have no loaners, they gave me a ride home and picked me up the next afternoon. AC works better, now if they can just figure out the programming issue that stops the AC/HEAT from engaging on remote start from where set when off. BUT, I have to wait till they get a loaner available before I have them do, so on a holding pattern.

ADDED: manual valve: if U close all the way, U have nothing running through Heater Core so U have no "warm" air if needed to clear windows, just a saying.
There are definitely downsides to the valve. I will have to pull over and open the hood to get defrost, I guess I could crack the valve, but that just adds heat to the AC again. I will just pretend that my 50K truck is a 47 willy's and open the hood to adjust the heat like adjusting the distributor cap to keep the willy's running. I don't want to pay for a weeks rental and have little Jimmy taking my dash out in between washing vehicles. Wish I had your dealer.

turkeybird56

Reaction score
There are definitely downsides to the valve. I will have to pull over and open the hood to get defrost, I guess I could crack the valve, but that just adds heat to the AC again. I will just pretend that my 50K truck is a 47 willy's and open the hood to adjust the heat like adjusting the distributor cap to keep the willy's running. I don't want to pay for a weeks rental and have little Jimmy taking my dash out in between washing vehicles. Wish I had your dealer.
I got a good dealer, but so have the problem of the Remote start no longer initiating AC/HEAT when remote started. SO I have no idea if will even get fixed.

PostPremium

Reaction score
I feel like the best "fix" would be wiring an inline valve to engage when max ac is selected. Wonder why Ram didn't go that route. I feel it would have been much cheaper and possibly a better fix.

turkeybird56

Reaction score
I feel like the best "fix" would be wiring an inline valve to engage when max ac is selected. Wonder why Ram didn't go that route. I feel it would have been much cheaper and possibly a better fix.
without a doubt. makes more sense, instead of tying up techs for 2 whole days of MX, pulling out HVAC boxes and such. AND NOW, I still have the problem of no engagement of AC/HEAT on remote start and they got no idea why.

turkeybird56

Reaction score
There used to be controlled HCV's in the line. Went away with the 2019 Re-design.

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you guys for your honest opinions.

I have 32,500 miles on the odometer, The A/C was pretty trash today in 100 degree heat, but pulling a whole dash out? Oof.

jimk hunt

Reaction score
Thank you guys for your honest opinions.

I have 32,500 miles on the odometer, The A/C was pretty trash today in 100 degree heat, but pulling a whole dash out? Oof.
IMHO the Harbor Freight clamps are the best non TSB solution. Easy on off and I move them a bit once during the season so the hose doesn't get damaged. Been running that way for 2 years. I have no interest in a dealer doing such an invasive repair with all the associated risk. When I trade it or take it for service, the clamp comes off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/