5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A/C noise

dano257

Reaction score
Turned on the A/C in my 2019 BH 5.7 today and heard a hum or drone sound when the fan speed was at the highest setting. The sound spins up with the fan speed like a turbine! First time I've heard this in the 14 months of ownership. I recently changed my cabin air filter. Could that cause that sound? It is not noticeable until I get to speed 5 on the fan. Any thoughts or ideas? Thanks

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Turned on the A/C in my 2019 BH 5.7 today and heard a hum or drone sound when the fan speed was at the highest setting. The sound spins up with the fan speed like a turbine! First time I've heard this in the 14 months of ownership. I recently changed my cabin air filter. Could that cause that sound? It is not noticeable until I get to speed 5 on the fan. Any thoughts or ideas? Thanks

Please be sure to let us know if this is something you have to address with your dealer, @dano257. We are more than happy to escalate a case on your behalf for further support through that process.

Mark
RamCares

Rickyrocket

Reaction score
Cooling fan working overtime? Mine makes a similar noise when I shut off my truck for a couple of seconds

dano257

Reaction score
Brough into a local dealer. They stated I need a new blower motor and it was ordered. Still works, but once I put the fan speed to 5 I begin to hear a hum begin to "spool" up. When I move to 6 it gets a bit louder/faster and then again when I place it on 7. The blower motor is on backorder. Once it comes in I will get it replaced under warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread