5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A/C gets warm when stopped or at idle

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can hear the fan under the hood "roaring" when my truck is stationary and the AC is blasting. Do you hear the fan running loudly when stopped? A good place to check this is at home where it is potentially quiet.

I have never actually checked but I am assuming there is a separate aux condenser fan from the engine cooling fan. If that guy is not working your symptom would be happening.

I can hear my fan under the hood roaring as well while stopped or going less than 38 mph if the fan speed is on 6 or 7. As soon as I get to 38 mph it’s stops roaring and the AC starts blowing harder and colder.

Mlb4x4

Reaction score
This past Sunday my A/C wouldn't get cold when stopped or idling. Has been working perfect all summer and drove it for nearly 5 hours on Sunday, stopped to get gas and when I started her back up it wouldn't get cold. While driving it blows cold, not super cold but cold enough. Then when I stop at a traffic light the air starts getting warm until I start driving again. I searched the forum to see if anyone else has had this issue but did find anything. Truck is at the dealer now waiting for diagnose and fix. Anyone have any incite on the issue or have experienced the same thing?
I am curious on what the dealer said. My 21 Ram 2500 is doing the same thing.

cerbo

Reaction score
I ve noticed that any time I have the fan or AC ON the auto/stop does not shut the engine down. Good idea, mine is a 2024.

Users who are viewing this thread