5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

82215289AF - bed step new part number, available

ashasha

Reaction score
Got the AF version from MoparAmerica. It was double boxed; arrived in good condition. It was supposed to be a weekend project, but the wife informed me that I was mistaken so it's installed.

I don't like to brag, but I can generate some torque on things when I want to. 124lb/ft of torque is a hell of a lot of force. I got two of them torqued to spec; I couldn't get that third much over 110lb/ft or so. I thought that I was going to bust a vein in my forehead. I think that a lot of it was just that I couldn't find anywhere to get to the next click because of the tailpipe bolt clearance. I don't think that it's going anywhere.

As far as fitment; it was pretty damn smooth. There is a little hanger on there that helped to line everything up and basically hold it in place for me. I haven't driven it yet to see if it rattles or anything, but it doesn't seem to be rubbing on anything and it's a solid device. Action is good. For a non-tall person it makes getting into the bed a lot simpler which is kind of the point.

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got the AF version from MoparAmerica. It was double boxed; arrived in good condition. It was supposed to be a weekend project, but the wife informed me that I was mistaken so it's installed.

I don't like to brag, but I can generate some torque on things when I want to. 124lb/ft of torque is a hell of a lot of force. I got two of them torqued to spec; I couldn't get that third much over 110lb/ft or so. I thought that I was going to bust a vein in my forehead. I think that a lot of it was just that I couldn't find anywhere to get to the next click because of the tailpipe bolt clearance. I don't think that it's going anywhere.

As far as fitment; it was pretty damn smooth. There is a little hanger on there that helped to line everything up and basically hold it in place for me. I haven't driven it yet to see if it rattles or anything, but it doesn't seem to be rubbing on anything and it's a solid device. Action is good. For a non-tall person it makes getting into the bed a lot simpler which is kind of the point.
How close does it sit next to the exhaust pipe when in the closed position? I ordered mine 2 weeks ago and it is still on backorder. I have the magnaflow exhaust which has 5" pipes vs the stock 3" and If I can get confirmation from someone who has the bedstep installed with the clearance distance from the stock exhaust I might be able to cancel the order before it gets shipped mid-August. ** Which I would be most grateful for...

ashasha

Reaction score
How close does it sit next to the exhaust pipe when in the closed position? I ordered mine 2 weeks ago and it is still on backorder. I have the magnaflow exhaust which has 5" pipes vs the stock 3" and If I can get confirmation from someone who has the bedstep installed with the clearance distance from the stock exhaust I might be able to cancel the order before it gets shipped mid-August. ** Which I would be most grateful for...
Just ran out there and looked. It's about 3/4" at the tightest spot from the end of the muffler to the front of the mechanism when it is fully folded (point closest to the front of the truck). On the side it looks like the closest point is about 1" from the exhaust pipe.

Basically its probably going to be close depending on it actually looks like under your vehicle.

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just ran out there and looked. It's about 3/4" at the tightest spot from the end of the muffler to the front of the mechanism when it is fully folded (point closest to the front of the truck). On the side it looks like the closest point is about 1" from the exhaust pipe.

Basically its probably going to be close depending on it actually looks like under your vehicle.
Thank you so much for taking the time to measure and respond. I am going to cancel my order before they get it back in stock and ship it. you're a life-saver!

Jordan2929

Reaction score
Thank you so much for taking the time to measure and respond. I am going to cancel my order before they get it back in stock and ship it. you're a life-saver!
I have the borla exhaust with the 5” exhaust tips as well and my step clears with plenty of room.

Gex2501

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if this will work on my 2021 limited? Anyone out there have this on their 2021 limited? My concern is the dual exhaust getting in the way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if this will work on my 2021 limited? Anyone out there have this on their 2021 limited? My concern is the dual exhaust getting in the way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
As long as you do NOT have the MFT, it will work just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread