5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

82215289AF - bed step new part number, available

Reaction score
Admin message if this is not where this belongs. I am with Mopar America but not the normal active half of the team on here.

I rec'd 60 of the newest part number from Chrysler and when ordering Revolution/MoparAmerica will not recognize the AF number as its still working its way through the Mopar/Chrysler channels. All of that said we look forward to doing business with you folks and below is a new promo code.

DODGEFORUM5%

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Admin message if this is not where this belongs. I am with Mopar America but not the normal active half of the team on here.

I rec'd 60 of the newest part number from Chrysler and when ordering Revolution/MoparAmerica will not recognize the AF number as its still working its way through the Mopar/Chrysler channels. All of that said we look forward to doing business with you folks and below is a new promo code.

DODGEFORUM5%
Give us some contact info, website, pricing,shipping,etc. Will this new design step clear my Magnaflow cat back exhaust? The tips are 5" and at least twice as long as OEM tips that are 4" diameter and taper down quickly. Thanks!!!

Reaction score
We are still Mopar America the site you have gotten the 82215289AB's from and you guys cleaned us out of those.

Everything is the same on cost. The bracket is the biggest change. I will have to get Clark to take some pics and upload them on here. As far as the aftermarket exhaust goes, until a member takes the gamble and mounts it or attempts to, I ere to the side of it not working with 5 inch exhaust like the AB variant.

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We are still Mopar America the site you have gotten the 82215289AB's from and you guys cleaned us out of those.

Everything is the same on cost. The bracket is the biggest change. I will have to get Clark to take some pics and upload them on here. As far as the aftermarket exhaust goes, until a member takes the gamble and mounts it or attempts to, I ere to the side of it not working with 5 inch exhaust like the AB variant.
My understanding is that the steps hit bigger Magnaflow exhaust tip as deployed/put away but does go by with a scrape on the way by. So what is reason for redesign? Holds more weight, more solid to step on, etc? Does "new design mechanism" get closer to exhaust tips than original design? Thanks. Anyone with this new AF mounted, please watch how close mechanism gets to exhaust parts while in operation. Thanks!

Reaction score
Pics of the revised bracket, only needing 1 bolt and nut with the install directions

Attachments

• stepkit1.JPG
    stepkit1.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 332
  • stepkit2.JPG
    stepkit2.JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 336
  • stepkit3.JPG
    stepkit3.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 371
  • IMG_3886.jpg
    IMG_3886.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 407
  • IMG_3887.jpg
    IMG_3887.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 401

Biscuitz23

Reaction score
How come I'm not able to find it when I search up the part number through the site?

Reaction score
Currently Mopar/Chrysler is updating Starparts. Usually all numbers in dealer connect update to StarParts( Our dealership catalog) and Mopar America. Accessories for new models typical do that as Chrysler rolls them out.

dennisk

Reaction score
Currently Mopar/Chrysler is updating Starparts. Usually all numbers in dealer connect update to StarParts( Our dealership catalog) and Mopar America. Accessories for new models typical do that as Chrysler rolls them out.
Do we need to wait until that happens? If so, when do you anticipate that to happen?

MTRHEAD

Reaction score
I got mine [ the new part number] at my local dealer on 5/12. Did not need to use the supplied nut, just the bolt. Easy install, works fine.

Jordan2929

Reaction score
Looks like a much cheaper design, the old step had a fully cast piece that bolted to the trucks frame. This looks like some formed metal welded together, really glad I was able to find one of the "older" models for sale. I hope they lowered the price at least to make up for the lack of quality.

aquileye

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what size bolt and thread style is supplied? I can't find a schematic or part number for it. I had a friend get the step for me and I didn't receive the bolt or nut. I have the welded nut so no need for that but do need the bolt. Dealer says it was in the box when he gave it to my buddy and my buddy swears he didn't open the box...so who knows. Anyway, can't be too hard to get one at the hardware store but need to know the size, length, and thread design. Any help would be appreciated.

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Received my step from Mopar America today. Box has a hole where the bracket punched through, and there is some visible damage to the metal... not taking it out of the box until they tell me what to do with it.
IMG_20190619_180956.jpg IMG_20190619_180952.jpg

Brisoup1

Reaction score
Received my Mopar bed step from the dealer after ordering it last week. The one thing I noticed is that there is nothing bracing this 15 lb metel bed step inside the box. Someone just literally threw it in the box and sealed it. The metel didn't punch thru the box and get damaged. If the box was handled roughly during shipment, I could see that happening.

ashasha

Reaction score
I noticed that there is an updated part number (82215289AG) out there. Anyone know why there are so many variations on this?

Brisoup1

Reaction score
I noticed that there is an updated part number (82215289AG) out there. Anyone know why there are so many variations on this?
It could be that the old part number was for the last generation Ram.

ashasha

Reaction score
It could be that the old part number was for the last generation Ram.
From what I've seen every time they change manufacturers there is a new version. The first part of the part number is for the 5th gen Ram and the last digit is the "revision". It does look like the first version had issues with the dual exhaust or something but it appears that everything since the "B" part number works. It looks like the "F" version got a little dimple to help line it up.

Either way I just went ahead and ordered one from Mopar America with the 5% discount code. Guess we'll see how well it works on a Limited with dual exhaust and tow package.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online