5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8.4 non nav radio volume

McBroom

Reaction score
I have a 2020 1500 Bighorn with the 8.4 non nav. The volume stops going up after 24. Ive read that others have the same problem on a few FB pages. My question is, is there anyway to get past this? The knob shows going upto 38 but no sound increase after 24...
Can my dealer correct this?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the 8.4 non nav with Alpine and the volume keeps increasing up to 38. If you have the basic speaker setup with your radio; maybe its hitting max power at 24.

McBroom

Reaction score
its a bighorn level 2 alpine or ??? I'm not sure

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have a 2020 1500 Bighorn with the 8.4 non nav. The volume stops going up after 24. Ive read that others have the same problem on a few FB pages. My question is, is there anyway to get past this? The knob shows going upto 38 but no sound increase after 24...

Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
RamCares

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
its a bighorn level 2 alpine or ??? I'm not sure

It looks like the Alpine is a $695 option on a Big Horn Level II. An easy way to tell if you have the Alpine is that there is a center speaker on top of the dash with a speaker grill that says Alpine on it.

SupermanSS

Reaction score

Do you have an update? I too am having this same problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_StangPGH

Reaction score
No update on this problem yet. Just kinda living with it.

Black 20 Ram
Bringing this thread back as my Rebel with Alpine just starting doing this today. Won't increase volume past 24 and even at that level it sounds much quieter than it has forever.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

_StangPGH

Reaction score
... And it fixed itself the next day.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread