5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8.4 inch Radio NO REAR SPEAKERS

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is your fade set to the front?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
All the questions being asked point to one thing- @Spookhil1963 we need more detailed info about your issue so people here can give you targeted advice.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I bought the truck in Sept used......they have never worked.....I also thought maybe both had blown ...but kind of strange.
Ok, before you go ripping everything apart, you can diagnose with AlfaOBD, as long as you have an OBDLink MX+, EX, or vLinker MC+ or MC.

Use AlfaOBD to connect to the radio module. Scan for any faults, make note of them, then clear them.
You can also send test signals to each speaker while connected to the radio in active diagnostics.
If nothing turns up while connected to the radio, connect to the body computer, and let me know what ECUCONFIG 3: Cabin Equalization Curve is set to.

Spookhil1963

Reaction score
Ok, before you go ripping everything apart, you can diagnose with AlfaOBD, as long as you have an OBDLink MX+, EX, or vLinker MC+ or MC.

Use AlfaOBD to connect to the radio module. Scan for any faults, make note of them, then clear them.
You can also send test signals to each speaker while connected to the radio in active diagnostics.
If nothing turns up while connected to the radio, connect to the body computer, and let me know what ECUCONFIG 3: Cabin Equalization Curve is set to.
Would you mine giving me a little help as far scanning for any faults? I do have AlfaOBD and I do have the MX+ module.....

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Would you mine giving me a little help as far scanning for any faults? I do have AlfaOBD and I do have the MX+ module.....
Instead of connecting to the body computer like you normally would, choose radio. Then, in the radio modification list, choose 2017 navigator (or similar, can’t remember exact wording). Connect and select the check engine symbol in the lower right. Then read faults.
If you have a factory amplified radio, you will want to connect to that too, and scan for faults. The amplifier module is in the same list under radio.

Spookhil1963

Reaction score
Instead of connecting to the body computer like you normally would, choose radio. Then, in the radio modification list, choose 2017 navigator (or similar, can’t remember exact wording). Connect and select the check engine symbol in the lower right. Then read faults.
If you have a factory amplified radio, you will want to connect to that too, and scan for faults. The amplifier module is in the same list under radio.
Seems I can make the front speakers buzz but nothing in the rear.....So I assume the speakers may actually be bad?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Seems I can make the front speakers buzz but nothing in the rear.....So I assume the speakers may actually be bad?
How about connecting to the amplifier and checking for faults there. Even if you don’t have an amp, this would still be the ANC module that all the speaker wires are run through.

Spookhil1963

Reaction score
How about connecting to the amplifier and checking for faults there. Even if you don’t have an amp, this would still be the ANC module that all the speaker wires are run through.
I will need to look for the amp........I saw it listed but I am pretty sure it would not connect. I will look more on Wednesday evening.......

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The ANC module is under the driver seat, only found on Hemi powered vehicles. It's possible to bypass this system with a harness, it is un-necessary for the radio to function. The actual amp to power the speakers is in the head unit of the base 8.4

Quint

Reaction score
Is this truck still under warranty? It sounds like we are past the easy stuff, like someone forgot to plug them in or that they are blown. Assuming under warranty, take it to the dealer. That is what warranties are for.

Users who are viewing this thread