5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8.4 and MP3 Problems

tloon

Reaction score
In my '16 Laramie with the Alpine and 8.4 Uconnect I was able to plug my MP3 player into the USB port and it worked perfectly, with all info up on the screen etc. Now I just took delivery of a 2020 Laramie with the Alpine and 8.4 Uconnect, and when I plug the MP3 into the USB, a "Device Not Supported" notice pops up. The MP3 is only 18 months old. I can get it playing thru the Aux port, but at a somewhat lower volume. I would rather use a direct connect device like the MP3, ( not my phone ) vs the Bluetooth as I have found the sound quality noticeably better in the '16 Laramie.
What type device will it the 2020 support if not the MP3?
Thanks

Fantastipotamus

Reaction score
What brand of MP3 player is it? I’ll wager that with the fancier system in the 2019+ with Apple carplay/Android auto, the support for some of the fringe MP3 players may have been cut.

You could pick up a cheap USB thumb drive and just use that, i think that would work. Or connect it via AUX and turn the volume up, but if its not charging, it will become a pain in the *** right quick.

Users who are viewing this thread