5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

7 way plug in bed

ameyer81

Reaction score
Hey folks, I searched but didn't find any discussion about this topic.

Has anyone installed 7 way plug in their 1500 bed? I'd like to plug into a 7 way there and it would be cleaner than running the down the the factory location next to license plate.

How did you do it? Where did you tie into the stock wiring? Which OEM or aftermarket part #s did you use?

Thanks in advance.

CatDaddy66

Reaction score
What are you towing that needs a 7 pin in the bed? Most trailers we 1500 owners tow are receiver hitch capable

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California

My installation starts in #6

ameyer81

Reaction score
What are you towing that needs a 7 pin in the bed? Most trailers we 1500 owners tow are receiver hitch capable
It's a preference of plugging 7 pin into the inside of truck for a 400lb snowmobile deck, which has reverse lights and the lighting assembly is better run through a 7 pin for that reason. Also better than running it under the tailgate to the exterior to catch road spray all winter.

Users who are viewing this thread