5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

7 hour trip info

DSOOBY

Reaction score
Does it make that big of an improvement with the heat? I've never used one and my truck heats up! Granted it has the twin panel moonroof....but so will my RAM.

Definitely makes a huge improvement for sure. I’ve used it every day since I posted about the AC originally and it has been working great since

GM convert

Reaction score
It’s was 97 out and the air conditioning could easily keep up on automatic. I think I had it at 71. My front 2 windows are dark tinted.

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
new owner of a limited here. The truck is perfect in every way, I was a little surprised that the ac isn't able to cool the cabin down. I came from a 15 jeep Overland and didn't remember thinking the AC was under performing, but as im driving around in the city with 95 degrees and humid...im constantly feeling too warm. Not a big issue, I suspect the AC may need to be recharged, but this is also my first time owning a cab this big, and a dark colored (steel metallic) vehicle. I will see if getting the windows tinted helps

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
new owner of a limited here. The truck is perfect in every way, I was a little surprised that the ac isn't able to cool the cabin down. I came from a 15 jeep Overland and didn't remember thinking the AC was under performing, but as im driving around in the city with 95 degrees and humid...im constantly feeling too warm. Not a big issue, I suspect the AC may need to be recharged, but this is also my first time owning a cab this big, and a dark colored (steel metallic) vehicle. I will see if getting the windows tinted helps

Seems I've heard that same thing a couple times now. Let us know if you take it in and it is indeed low on refrigerant.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What AC vent temps are you guys seeing?

Also - is there any way to setup the cooled seat to come on with the max setting vs low setting?

GM convert

Reaction score
My air conditioning is super cold. Not sure if you can program vented seats to to max flow all the time, I have to manually do it. Lmk if I can program it.

DSOOBY

Reaction score
Mine has been fine since I started using the sun shade. Temps in Dallas have backed off out of the 100s which helps as well. I’m just going to mention it when I take it in for my first oil change and see what they say. That will be around August or September so it will still be very very hot then.

Bacoviah

Reaction score
Hello. First post here. I posted on another site that my Freon was low on my 2019. Since then it blows cold but still feels like it is lacking. Some days I get in and it is like ice cubes and other days it blows cool for about 15minutes before it starts to blow really cold.

I did notice a couple days ago that if I turn on the AC and hear it what sounds like charging up it blows like a champ instantly. Other times I turn it on and don’t here anything but the blower gong it blows semi cool for a long while.

I had the windows tinted and the windshield tinted with ceramic which had helped.

Yesterday it was another 100 day here in Austin TX and I could feel the heat coming through my panoramic sunroof with the visor closed. Lol. It was terrible. I could feel it on top of my head and ears. The sunroof will be getting tint soon.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello. First post here. I posted on another site that my Freon was low on my 2019. Since then it blows cold but still feels like it is lacking. Some days I get in and it is like ice cubes and other days it blows cool for about 15minutes before it starts to blow really cold.

I did notice a couple days ago that if I turn on the AC and hear it what sounds like charging up it blows like a champ instantly. Other times I turn it on and don’t here anything but the blower gong it blows semi cool for a long while.

I had the windows tinted and the windshield tinted with ceramic which had helped.

Yesterday it was another 100 day here in Austin TX and I could feel the heat coming through my panoramic sunroof with the visor closed. Lol. It was terrible. I could feel it on top of my head and ears. The sunroof will be getting tint soon.

How low on freon was it? Did it take them long to diagnose?

Bacoviah

Reaction score
They did say but I forgot. When I purchased it without driving it first it was blowing from 65-70ish.

Now it is blowing 45-52 with the passenger side being the coldest.
There is a 7degree difference between driver and passenger at all times.

Another note turning the rear vents off seemed to help the front vents get colder faster. No scientific proof just something I was playing with yesterday.
The fact I’m still playing with the AC tells me I’m still not completely happy. Every other vehicle I’ve owned blows ice cold from the start. Hoping it has something to do with the fins and maybe a recall will help.

Last edited:

Bacoviah

Reaction score
Oh. It took them a couple tries to find it. They replaced the blower motor first. Supposedly it was flashing a code on the PCM. They also kept telling me that it was cold until we put trucks side by side and I pulled out a digital thermometer. I kept telling them that I’m sweating pretty bad for it only to be 90 out a few weeks back.

Bacoviah

Reaction score
My apologies to the OP. Not trying to hijack your thread. I’ll make a new thread for AC issues.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread