5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

6 speaker OEM to Alpine OEM

Chart3

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have been lurking for a bit, finally signed up as this is my first truck. One thing I miss about my Cherokee was the premium sound system that came with a sub.
My question is, I have the 6 speaker base, 8.4 inch non navy system currently in my 2020 ram crew cab, v6. Is it possible to upgrade it to factory alpine system? I have seen plenty on going aftermarket, but what about ordering alpine parts from mopar and try to make it OEM to play nicely with the ANC? Does that work? Thanks!!!

Nozzleman

Reaction score
I have the same setup as you, truthfully I don't see why it wouldn't work, I just think it would be a crap ton of work.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have the Alpine system in my Laramie, with the same uconnect head unit as you (8.4" non-nav). The factory speakers that come with that system aren't really much better than what yours came with. My advice would be to upgrade your factory speakers to quality aftermarket speakers. If you're still wanting a sub you might then just add either the factory subwoofer or go with aftermarket. But I wouldn't bother with trying to switch to the factory Alpine system.

Wsmith

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have been lurking for a bit, finally signed up as this is my first truck. One thing I miss about my Cherokee was the premium sound system that came with a sub.
My question is, I have the 6 speaker base, 8.4 inch non navy system currently in my 2020 ram crew cab, v6. Is it possible to upgrade it to factory alpine system? I have seen plenty on going aftermarket, but what about ordering alpine parts from mopar and try to make it OEM to play nicely with the ANC? Does that work? Thanks!!!
If you have the V6 I don't think you have ANC. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will chime in. Without ANC you can go any route with less hassle.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have 9 oem HK speakers and the subwoofer that I would get rid of if you are interested.

kittyjo

Reaction score
I have 9 oem HK speakers and the subwoofer that I would get rid of if you are interested.
I have the alpine 9 speaker system is that compatible with the hk? I’ll take it I’ll be in the area from Sunday to next Saturday

mophead

Reaction score
Hi guys,

From what I've been reading consider yourself blessed to have the base system. Much easier and less expensive to upgrade to good quality sound.

Quint

Reaction score
My 2015 Bighorn had the "upgraded" Alpine and it was barely passable with that crappy sub. I was too timid to swap everything out because of all the equipment that it seemed that I needed. I did upgrade the rear speakers, which sounded good if you were sitting in back but were barely better from the driver's seat.

My 2021 purposefully had the base system. I just added my 15yr old sub and amp by merely adding a PAC and it sounds SO much better. At some point I will probably buy some replacement 6x9s for all four doors but am quite happy so far.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've got a Bighorn Level II package truck with standard 8.4" screen. Do I also have the ANC or did mine come without it?

I would love to add a sub but have never fooled with these UConnect systems.

Chart3

Reaction score
what do I need to upgrade if I wanted to improve the sound system the best I can with aftermarket? I see that I can fit a sub in the back but would like to make it as hidden as possible. Any recommendations on speakers? Thanks!!

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
your stock speakers in your truck are the same as the "Alpine"or "HK"they are all "StockPaperChrysler".what makes them different is the amp that powers them.(Alpine,HK,etc)these are the speakers that came out of my "alpine system".in back of the speakers it does not say alpine

Attachments

• 103_1602.JPG
    103_1602.JPG
    185.9 KB · Views: 44
  • 20210330_140006.jpg
    20210330_140006.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 45
  • 103_1582.JPG
    103_1582.JPG
    132.8 KB · Views: 47

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
your stock speakers in your truck are the same as the "Alpine"or "HK"they are all "StockPaperChrysler".what makes them different is the amp that powers them.(Alpine,HK,etc)these are the speakers that came out of my "alpine system".in back of the speakers it does not say alpine
The hk speakers definitely look different than those. But still not great

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Correct. The "Alpine" system does not have any Alpine brand components. The system was engineered with Alpine sound engineers. I read an article about it years ago, but can't find it now.

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Correct. The "Alpine" system does not have any Alpine brand components. The system was engineered with Alpine sound engineers. I read an article about it years ago, but can't find it now.
its what i have been trying to tell a lot of guys here that(y)(y).even if its the "HK"system the speakers are still"StockPaperChrysler"its the amp that drives them are,not the speakers.its with that with just about ALL vehicles.the amp and /or eq are a "Brand"name but never are the speakers👍

Last edited:

D-dub

Reaction score
My 2020 Eco diesel doesn't have ANC. I've only replaced the door speakers with infinity's and it's a huge improvement with the stock system.

Users who are viewing this thread