5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

6" rough country lift , 37" x 12.50 Nitto ridge grapplers on stock 20" rims

ArtieD

Reaction score
Bit the Bullet and did a 6" lift . Ride quality is just as good as stock ,
at least with this lift setup which has a preload spacer ,I may upgrade to fox But the ride is awesome so if you were worried about ride quality ,(Like I was !) , No worries it is just as good , there is a little driving adjustment but after 2 - 12hr non stop rides , I recommend doing it if your on the fence about ruining your ride.

I can still drive with a full cup of coffee in the center console and not spill a drop ! , My 17 silverado LTZ could not do that !! its straight up 6" non aggressive with 37s the shop usaully use 2" spacers on the wheel with this setup, but I think this is a clean look and what I wanted Just wanted to share That Cheers ,

Also unless your racing your truck at the track with the 3:21 w/37s there is very little power loss , it is hard to not spin the tires at the light if you jump on it a little and at highway speeds it drops to 5th where it was happy in 6th when you need to pass , but it is not really noticeable at all , the truck is a beast and I am Glad I bought the ram

IMG_20201128_095607_685.jpg

Last edited:

Hemi65

Reaction score
Great looking truck! I think 37s look so good on the 5th gens! Any rubbing? Post more pics please.

ArtieD

Reaction score
Great looking truck! I think 37s look so good on the 5th gens! Any rubbing? Post more pics please.
Thanks, With 2" spacers there is no rubbing at all But I did not want spacers so the shop had to remove the front plastic mud flap ,It looks clean and had to put I/8th inch spacers because stock rims have a positive offset it rubbed the wheel well inside wall in the rear, But full lock no rubbing in front at all both directions IMG_20201128_095715_613.jpg IMG_20201128_095641_219.jpg IMG_20201128_095558_493.jpg

Last edited:

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Congratulations I was only looking for 35” on mine, but those 37” look sweet on yours.

ArtieD

Reaction score
Thanks ended up ground to wheel well 45 1/2" on all four wheel wells , which surprised me because i did have 2-1/2 " level and 1" spacer in back and it was a different measurement at each wheel 3/4 inch out left to right sides but all are now dead on the money 45 and a half

PorBoy

Reaction score
Here I was looking to add 35x11.50 to my next set of wheels. Has me now thinking of also doing 37” ones..

ArtieD

Reaction score
Here I was looking to add 35x11.50 to my next set of wheels. Has me now thinking of also doing 37” ones..
You wont be sorry the 35s to 37s just a few dollars more they were close to the same price IMG_20201128_095544_476.jpg

Last edited:

PorBoy

Reaction score
Lol well price has never been an issue hence me having already seven yes (7) exhausts on this truck alone. Just don’t want mud tires and need to ensure I’m not hearing any highway flapping sounds. :)

ArtieD

Reaction score
Lol well price has never been an issue hence me having already seven yes (7) exhausts on this truck alone. Just don’t want mud tires and need to ensure I’m not hearing any highway flapping sounds. :)
Yes I see your Mods ! ,Am I missing something ? I not seeing your exhaust system, I am looking for an exhaust that is a little better sounding what do you think was the best out of seven? , and amp steps xl are all on backorder now, the steps would really clean the truck up for me , Also how are the lights I thought that was just a gimmick that looked nice But are they bright enough ? to cut the grill to fit it , Thanks

PorBoy

Reaction score
I’m putting my Mopar catback exhaust back on. I didn’t list list as my signature as I’ve been told is already TOO long. That one to me has been my best sounding and not annoying one. I love my amp steps since my wife is only 5’1” and I was tired of tossing her into the truck. As far as the grill lights yes definitely worth the extra output, but be prepared to do work to get them installed. I’ve done worst so that part did not bother me.

ArtieD

Reaction score
I’m putting my Mopar catback exhaust back on. I didn’t list list as my signature as I’ve been told is already TOO long. That one to me has been my best sounding and not annoying one. I love my amp steps since my wife is only 5’1” and I was tired of tossing her into the truck. As far as the grill lights yes definitely worth the extra output, but be prepared to do work to get them installed. I’ve done worst so that part did not bother me.
Good Info ! Hope the wife landed in the seat LOL

PorBoy

Reaction score
Lol to counter that I purchased her a 2020 Subaru Touring Outback for her Mother’s Day gift. This way I can play with the Ram as I feel like. Just fighting with my Accountant now about which Audi to buy as my play vehicle.

ArtieD

Reaction score
Lol to counter that I purchased her a 2020 Subaru Touring Outback for her Mother’s Day gift. This way I can play with the Ram as I feel like. Just fighting with my Accountant now about which Audi to buy as my play vehicle.
Wow I feel bad I just got my wife a card , hope see doesnt read this ! Good luck with the car accountants dont like you to spend , Outback has a lot of safety features that are pretty cool

PorBoy

Reaction score
We needed it since where her office is isn’t exactly on the nicest roads there. Yes he’s the one that made me stop modding and had me pay off the Ram asap. Now that’s done I need to move on to playing with a newer toy. Still have parts that are nib sitting for install in it ha ha ha.

PorBoy

Reaction score
Called my tire guy up today to see about ordering a set of 37x12.50 and I’m waiting for him to get back to me...

Users who are viewing this thread