5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

6" Lift Issue w/ OEM 22" RIMS/Larger Hub

jwiley386

Reaction score
Afternoon All,

Had hoped my first post would be showing you a beautiful 2019 Ram Laramaie Black Out on Fabtech 6" Performance Lift & 37's - however, after today I am not so hopeful...

Can anyone confirm that the HUB Bearing assembly in the Rams w/ OEM 22" rims is LARGER then say a Ram with 20" OEM rims?

Fabtech has just recently amended their warnings on the 6" coil over list to include this, "Does not fit vehicles equipped with OEM 22" wheel, and heavy duty bearing option" I called Fabtech and the guy said a couple people have gotten around it by swapping the hubs through Mopar and that they are redesigning the Lift for said issue but couldn't confirm if the hub truly was larger at this time.

I have seen a couple users on the forum with a 6" but not black out - can anyone weigh in on this? I take delivery Friday and need to get parts ordered ASAP.

SKU: FAB-K3087DL
Web: https://fabtechmotorsports.com/product/6-basic-system-w-performance-shocks-k3086/

I was deadest on 37s and a 6" coilover, if this is the case - are their any other options that can be suggested so that I can get my order in by Monday 3/11?
- Also, going to ask my dealer (a close friend) if he would be willing to swap the 22" wheels and hubs from another RAM to accommodate - however not hopeful on that...

Thanks,
J

Attachments

• 1552076271676.png
    1552076271676.png
    927 bytes · Views: 53

jwiley386

Reaction score
Just got a call back from Dealership.. BAD NEWS for those of you who have ordered a 2019 RAM with 22's...

The hub assembly IS in fact larger and therefor Fabtech, Procomp, Skyjacker and Rough Country WILL NOT mount w/o first replacing the front hubs AND POSSIBLY even the rear axel (that I should know for sure by next week)

I clicked Black Out package when ordering, beginning to regret my decision when I could have just as easily swapped badges and gotten a 6" lift.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Rough Country has a kit out for the 22XL hubs in both their air ride and coil spring lift options. Alot of people aren't big on Rough Country, but thought I would put it out there. They are the only ones at the moment.

jwiley386

Reaction score
Thanks for info ksn240. Will look into but thinking at this point go with MOPAR 2" w/ Fox Shocks and wait for BDS Coil Over w/ Fox 6" - whenever that may be.. lol

paul vegas

Reaction score
Afternoon All,

Had hoped my first post would be showing you a beautiful 2019 Ram Laramaie Black Out on Fabtech 6" Performance Lift & 37's - however, after today I am not so hopeful...

Can anyone confirm that the HUB Bearing assembly in the Rams w/ OEM 22" rims is LARGER then say a Ram with 20" OEM rims?

Fabtech has just recently amended their warnings on the 6" coil over list to include this, "Does not fit vehicles equipped with OEM 22" wheel, and heavy duty bearing option" I called Fabtech and the guy said a couple people have gotten around it by swapping the hubs through Mopar and that they are redesigning the Lift for said issue but couldn't confirm if the hub truly was larger at this time.

I have seen a couple users on the forum with a 6" but not black out - can anyone weigh in on this? I take delivery Friday and need to get parts ordered ASAP.

SKU: FAB-K3087DL
Web: https://fabtechmotorsports.com/product/6-basic-system-w-performance-shocks-k3086/

I was deadest on 37s and a 6" coilover, if this is the case - are their any other options that can be suggested so that I can get my order in by Monday 3/11?
- Also, going to ask my dealer (a close friend) if he would be willing to swap the 22" wheels and hubs from another RAM to accommodate - however not hopeful on that...

Thanks,
J
im glad you said something. i am planning on ordering a truck in sept/oct 2019, and was planning on getting the blackout package. unless someone comes out with a 6 inch lift for the OEM 22's, i might have to wait. good info. thanks

jwiley386

Reaction score
im glad you said something. i am planning on ordering a truck in sept/oct 2019, and was planning on getting the blackout package. unless someone comes out with a 6 inch lift for the OEM 22's, i might have to wait. good info. thanks

Its really a bummer, the Canadian Sport package would have solved a lot of my problems. But hey still stoked on the 2” Mopar until the BDS drops.

With that being said, Rough Country CAN accomdate the 22XL hubs woth their 6” lift but RC has historically been subpar and my sticker is 72k so no chance the RC 6” is going on my Ram.

Devildog3032

Reaction score
Any update to this thread? I have the Laramie black and want a 6” other than RC. Do I have any other options at this time?

dggeromini

Reaction score
Its really a bummer, the Canadian Sport package would have solved a lot of my problems. But hey still stoked on the 2” Mopar until the BDS drops.

With that being said, Rough Country CAN accomdate the 22XL hubs woth their 6” lift but RC has historically been subpar and my sticker is 72k so no chance the RC 6” is going on my Ram.
I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Limited. There is a local custom truck shop here in Phoenix AZ that swears by the RC lift. No issues with it and they have performed several installs. I have read a few other forums on this site with people using that lift and seem happy with it. You mentioned RC being subpar. What specifically is subpar? The shocks? The metal material used for the suspension components? Have you heard if something is breaking or has for past RC lifts on previous model trucks? I keep hearing people say the RC lift sucks so I'm trying to understand why before I purchase one. Also has anyone heard when AEV or BDS is going to put out a lift for the OEM air ride trucks? I have sent them emails but get no response. Thanks for any info!

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Limited. There is a local custom truck shop here in Phoenix AZ that swears by the RC lift. No issues with it and they have performed several installs. I have read a few other forums on this site with people using that lift and seem happy with it. You mentioned RC being subpar. What specifically is subpar? The shocks? The metal material used for the suspension components? Have you heard if something is breaking or has for past RC lifts on previous model trucks? I keep hearing people say the RC lift sucks so I'm trying to understand why before I purchase one. Also has anyone heard when AEV or BDS is going to put out a lift for the OEM air ride trucks? I have sent them emails but get no response. Thanks for any info!
Nobody knows when other companies will have options. Many people have had reps say they will be out by whatever month and then nothing happens. Rough Country isn't as bad as it gets a reputation for. Many people here are running RC and have had zero issues. Others have had issues, but it's like that with any lift. I wouldn't recommend the RC lift if you do any real offroading, but if it mainly stays on the pavement I wouldn't worry about it much.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The real difference is that they use a littler thinner materials, it isn’t completely welded on the subframes, shocks that come with the kit are a little crappier than others, they just try to reduce prediction costs where they can. The kits aren’t bad.

I would just swap hubs personally. Assuming there no other drama besides that.

Beltran091387

Reaction score
Has any one looked into the Procomp 6 in lift. They state theirs is compatible with the stock 22" wheel. Injust bought my truck 2 weeks ago. I am thinking 6 inch lift 37's tires and maybe stock 22 wheels. Worried about the look since their wont be an offset. Any advise is welcomed.

ShowMeIllini

Reaction score
I have the 2019 with 22s. Researched heavily trying to avoid the RC. Had no other options, decided to with RC. Haven’t had one issue and she rides great.

Beltran091387

Reaction score
Pulled the trigger on the Procomp. Looks to be the best bang for my buck. I hot it at liftkits4less.com they had a sale for 1599 and gave me an additional 5% off paid 1519 otd shipped. I want to go with 37's andd 22x12 wheels. Hopefully in two weeks its all done

Attachments

• Snapchat-592889869.jpg
    Snapchat-592889869.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 73

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That’s a huge wheel and tire for these trucks, and it’s probably going to rub pretty bad and require some decent cutting/hammering. And hopefully you guys have 3.92s for this.

These are 35s, ~7” lift (over a base truck), and it bangs the corner on my driveway if I don’t go slow. This is no cutting though, other than the wheel liner. Hammered a small tab back that goes with the mudflap. I wouldn’t want 37s with 12 wides unless I had 8-10”, just my two cents.

Attachments

• FECC65B4-7557-4C89-B42B-5BF9E8D38691.jpeg
    FECC65B4-7557-4C89-B42B-5BF9E8D38691.jpeg
    130.6 KB · Views: 76
  • 9794B2F9-81DE-4DF7-BF8E-67F19840F338.jpeg
    9794B2F9-81DE-4DF7-BF8E-67F19840F338.jpeg
    99 KB · Views: 76
  • 671038EA-4124-4E5C-A937-AE0CF3C75923.jpeg
    671038EA-4124-4E5C-A937-AE0CF3C75923.jpeg
    114.8 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

Jt88fan

Reaction score
I have the 2019 with 22s. Researched heavily trying to avoid the RC. Had no other options, decided to with RC. Haven’t had one issue and she rides great.

Did you do the 3.5 or the 6 inch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matthbert5150

Reaction score
ProComp has released their 6" stage 1 kit for the ram 150p with 22" wheels and larger hub. This will also allow you to run 20" wheels as well.

I'm picking mine up next week from the dealer.

Sent using Tapatalk

2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Rambox
5.7L 3.92 4x4
Black appearance package
12" u connect, pano sunroof
Power running boards
6" ProComp Stage 1 lift kit with 37x12.50r20 Nitto Ridge Grappler and 20x10 - 24 fuel hostage wheels

*Future Mods*
-exhaust (looking for recommendations)
-Tazer DT
-Pulsar

Users who are viewing this thread