5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

6.4 bed air mattress recommendations?

MishMashRAM1500

Reaction score
Who has bought an air mattress for their truck bed for camping? I have a 2021 RAM 1500 Big Horn (not classic RAM) with 6.4 bed. Airbedz (my first choice) doesnt seem to have one for my bed...only the classic. THIS seems strange to me because isnt a truck bed a truck bed? Anyway looking for recommends

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Last edited:

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Who has bought an air mattress for their truck bed for camping? I have a 2021 RAM 1500 Big Horn (not classic RAM) with 6.4 bed. Airbedz (my first choice) doesnt seem to have one for my bed...only the classic. THIS seems strange to me because isnt a truck bed a truck bed? Anyway looking for recommends
They probably just have not got a new body style to try it in.

The bed is very similar to the classic dimensions. The wheel well area may be slightly different...but I would venture to guess one for the classic would work just fine

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree, I took my DeeZee bed mat out of my 2015 and put it in my 2019 DT and it fit with minor trimming in the rear area, the wells lined up perfectly.

MishMashRAM1500

Reaction score
If I were you, I would first try calling Airbedz and ask them. And if they don't know, offer to be the guinea pig. And if that doesn't work. head to a dealership that's got both styles in stock with a tape measure.

EDIT: here are the dimensions.
DS https://www.ramtrucks.com/BodyBuilder/service/Image?imageId=MtQrP/FqLY5r/est8MtGjGgHzAHGUTU0WB3rWuqSY7YmQ2vEhuBWBNICtqt4HAu1
DT https://www.ramtrucks.com/BodyBuilder/service/Image?imageId=MtQrP/FqLY5r/est8MtGjGgHzAHGUTU0WB3rWuqSY7YmQ2vEhuBWBKEz+L7fggv6
Good call on just calling. I forget sometimes im old school and should still be...like picking up the phone and making a call. Thanks for the data point docs. Super helpful

Quint

Reaction score
You may not care for this advice, but I'm not an air mattress person. They are great to sleep on but seem to develop leaks no matter how careful you are with them. I would look for either some good sleeping pads (like you'd use in a tent) or even some high quality low profile cots. We used to keep air mattresses on hand at our cabin for guests. Over time I've realized that they all fail, and usually somewhere that can't be patched. Then you have to throw away a whole bunch of material and the attached air pump. I've found some really comfortable cots that will last much longer. I just wanted to give you another perspective.

Either way, good luck with your search.

Users who are viewing this thread