5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

$6.00 gas prices? Thoughts

puba08

Reaction score
No gas price will make me get rid of my truck. Love the Hemi (just wish I could get a 6.4 in a 1500).
Electric is not for me nor are V6’s. I’m sure the hurricane will be a nice motor but not for me. I’m sure Ram will lose some sales if the 5.7 is phased out someday (like the 5.0, to 4.6 mustang).
Hell My buddy has a ‘22 raptor and my friends and I all make fun that it’s a six. If you want a fast V6 then buy a Porsche we tell him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

U

User_67930

I've thought about maybe getting a scooter.....no seriously.
A 250 scooter can reach 65 mph and pull close to 100mpg. My round trip to work is about 32 miles of country road so my gas bill would drop a LOT.

But I still can't complain, now that its warmer out I'm back to the 23/24 mpg in my Ram.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Absolutely not. I have a company car and a bike that both get much better mpg than my Ram. Company car sits most days bc the Ram is just such an enjoyable ride. Bike is fun, but doesn't function well as a work vehicle. Life is too short to give up the things we enjoy most

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Where’s our stimulus checks for gasoline relief?🤔

Oh yeah…….I pocketed all that free money from covid relief even though I was never out of work.🙄

Figure that check will be coming sometime before the mid-terms. Mark my words.
Probably given away in the bi-monthly aid to that overseas country...

Idahoktm

Reaction score
I've thought about maybe getting a scooter.....no seriously.
A 250 scooter can reach 65 mph and pull close to 100mpg. My round trip to work is about 32 miles of country road so my gas bill would drop a LOT.

But I still can't complain, now that its warmer out I'm back to the 23/24 mpg in my Ram.
Screenshot_20220520-182144_Chrome.jpg

SD Rebel

Reaction score
Keeping the Ram. Worst case I spend $5-6k and get a small used fuel efficient car.

Good idea, get a good condition fuel efficient used car that's already depreciated, which will allow you to sell it for what you paid for it or close to it later on.

Save a lot on fuel, wear & tear for now, and when you sell it your only expenses are standard consumables. Assuming you don't buy a clunker, I would stick with old Toyota sedans. You pay more for them now, but you don't lose much in terms of depreciation, repair of service costs.

jdefoe0424

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did the math, for my daily commute with my truck vs riding my motorcycle I save about $20 a week, or about $4 a day.
Right now I'm kind of thankful that I only live about 9 miles from work, even though I'd love to be outside of town on some land.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread