5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

6” Rough Country Lift

Carrollsp7

Reaction score
Does anyone live in or close to South MS that wants to trade out the stock suspension for a Rough Country 6” lift? I also have 35x12.50R20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on 20x10 Fuel Vandal wheels. My job has changed to where I drive more. I need to go back to stock height.

Attachments

• 09B8E4FC-61DE-48AA-9776-26C5CB97F3AE.jpeg
    09B8E4FC-61DE-48AA-9776-26C5CB97F3AE.jpeg
    185.6 KB · Views: 146

KRField

Reaction score
To be honest. I’m not sure how possible it is to return to stock. To install the 6” the stock front cross member brackets had to be cut off.

From the install instructions

35. On the front side of the driver rear crossmember mount, measure 1” from the cam tab and mark. See Photo 31.
36. Using a reciprocating saw, cut the crossmember mount off using the mark made in step 35. Sand and paint cut edg-
es to prevent rust.
37. On the front side of the driver rear crossmember mount, measure down 1.5” from the cam bolt hole and cut the in-
side corner off. Sand and paint cut edges to prevent rust. See Photo 32. PHOTO 31
1.5”
PHOTO 32
38. On the front side of the pass rear crossmember mount, measure down 1.5” from the cam bolt hole and mark. Also, mark a line straight down from the inner cam tab, creating a triangle. See Photo 33.
39. Using a cutoff wheel, cut along the marks made in step 38. This is done for clearance of the supplied rear cross- member. Check the clearance by placing the supplied rear crossmember in the factory control arm pockets. Sand and paint cut edges to prevent rust See Photos 34 & 35.
PHOTO 33 PHOTO 34
1.5”
40. Install the supplied driver rear diff bracket using the factory hardware. Torque to factory specs using an 18mm sock- et. See Photo 36.
PHOTO 35 PHOTO 36

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

03SlowZ06

Reaction score
If you find out for sure you can go back to stock I'm in New Orleans.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just stick a 4” strut spacer in there and run some 32-33” non aggressive tire and then you don’t have to give up everything. And they do make some bigger P rated tires I believe in 33” ish sizes also to down on the tire weight.

RamSco

Reaction score
To be honest. I’m not sure how possible it is to return to stock. To install the 6” the stock front cross member brackets had to be cut off.

From the install instructions

35. On the front side of the driver rear crossmember mount, measure 1” from the cam tab and mark. See Photo 31.
36. Using a reciprocating saw, cut the crossmember mount off using the mark made in step 35. Sand and paint cut edg-
es to prevent rust.
37. On the front side of the driver rear crossmember mount, measure down 1.5” from the cam bolt hole and cut the in-
side corner off. Sand and paint cut edges to prevent rust. See Photo 32. PHOTO 31
1.5”
PHOTO 32
38. On the front side of the pass rear crossmember mount, measure down 1.5” from the cam bolt hole and mark. Also, mark a line straight down from the inner cam tab, creating a triangle. See Photo 33.
39. Using a cutoff wheel, cut along the marks made in step 38. This is done for clearance of the supplied rear cross- member. Check the clearance by placing the supplied rear crossmember in the factory control arm pockets. Sand and paint cut edges to prevent rust See Photos 34 & 35.
PHOTO 33 PHOTO 34
1.5”
40. Install the supplied driver rear diff bracket using the factory hardware. Torque to factory specs using an 18mm sock- et. See Photo 36.
PHOTO 35 PHOTO 36

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Spot on. Don’t think you reverse that easily.

RayC5806

Reaction score
Hey man I’m willing to swap if still available. I’m in Baton Rouge ,but work at a dealership in Denham Springs.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread