5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

6” Rough Country lift kit. Was it a mistake?

Zooram

Reaction score
Well then let me give you my address so you can ship me out a Pro Comp lift. I'll send you back my, so far, no problem RC lift.

Since your the expert, send me your credit card info and I'll ask you about any future products so you can approve them before you pay for them. Since you got such an opinion, do you want me to start sending my monthly statements to you to pay?????????

That's the problem now-a-days, if you ain't got nothing nice to say, then shut up and scroll along.

Shut up and scroll along? OP asked about RC vs Pro Comp...its an opinion thread and OP got an opinion. I think I joined the wrong forum if this is a typical response.

Your post is ridiculous.

tutanker

Reaction score
Had my 6” RC for over 6 months now with no issues. Rides great and no noises from the lift. No regrets from me.
Yup, good job getting the RC kit. I'm at around 5500 miles now and still no issues. May go to 37x12.5's when these Mikey Thompsons ware out.

bigdaddymac

Reaction score
Yup, good job getting the RC kit. I'm at around 5500 miles now and still no issues. May go to 37x12.5's when these Mikey Thompsons ware out.

Thanks. I agree with the tire size change and will look that way when these are done for.

Aproc35

Reaction score
I just had this lift installed on my 19 Lone Star ORG, and the installer told me they left out the pre-load spacer to avoid any potential issues from installing on the ORG. This resulted in a pretty good nose down rake. Drove it home and did great, ride was smooth, no noises. Took it back this morning to have the pre-loads installed and now experiencing the same issues the OP is having and the ride went to crap - extremely bouncy...also alignment shop could not align within specs and keep the steering wheel straight.
Any news or advice? I searched a ton of threads looking for answers and I’m coming up short.

Lawrenz205

Reaction score
Just had the rough country 6in lift installed with the lifted struts. Ride quality is amazing and looks great. Went with 35’s instead of 37’s and think it turned out great. I’ve had many rough country lifts on all types of trucks and I have never had issues. I do use my truck Offroad but not extreme. For what the average person does with a lifted truck I think rough country is the best value. Plus they warranty their struts for 3 years.

Attachments

• 6AE53515-B372-4CE8-9268-D523AAE391BB.jpeg
    6AE53515-B372-4CE8-9268-D523AAE391BB.jpeg
    257.9 KB · Views: 165
  • A6FDF1B9-BBE1-490C-BE03-B2B85D809956.jpeg
    A6FDF1B9-BBE1-490C-BE03-B2B85D809956.jpeg
    215.1 KB · Views: 169

Ram1992

Reaction score
Just had the rough country 6in lift installed with the lifted struts. Ride quality is amazing and looks great. Went with 35’s instead of 37’s and think it turned out great. I’ve had many rough country lifts on all types of trucks and I have never had issues. I do use my truck Offroad but not extreme. For what the average person does with a lifted truck I think rough country is the best value. Plus they warranty their struts for 3 years.
Man that looks good. Looks like the front end is higher than the rear. Are the front struts adjustable?

Dflood

Reaction score

Tkiernan

Reaction score
Had my lift kit installed right before Christmas. Truck rides fine but I noticed a creaking noise when I turn wheel and going over bumps. I thought it was just a new kit that needed to be worn out and would go away (mind you, I’ve never had a lift kit, so I don’t know what to expect). Well it never did. Now it’s embarrassing while I’m in a parking kit and everyone’s looking at the truck on how nice it looks then to wonder wtf it sounds like that for being brand new. Took it back to installer twice and this time he tells me that noise is from the UCA and it was something that they just bolt up the kit too. Said when I change the angle it causes the UCA to wear more prematurely. Is that true? Does anyone make aftermarket UCA that will work fine with the 6” lift.

Should I have just waited and bought the ProComp or Ready Lift kits?
did you install yourself?

Users who are viewing this thread