5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th Gen Ram Sold after 5 Months, PROBLEMS!

1fujifilm

Reaction score
I don't believe it. A truck in 5 month is going to depreciate a lot more than $2,000. Rebates and discounts taken into consideration. (unless the selling dealer the newer one was desperate for a sale,s and overvalued the trade...but that would have been their loss. not the op's)

Paid 37.2 on a 51.1 truck. Had conquest rebate, plus dealer kicked in extra 7 Ram bucks of $250 each.

Bear

HKP7PSP

Reaction score
Paid 37.2 on a 51.1 truck. Had conquest rebate, plus dealer kicked in extra 7 Ram bucks of $250 each.

Bear

I paid $47,5k on a $61,3k truck - I wonder if I could do the same sale if I had to? I figured the easy access to these rebates made for the used/trade in pricing to be lower as a result.

Either way, glad to hear it worked out.

1fujifilm

Reaction score
Well the posters who are cheerleaders for RAM must carry pictures of their trucks in their wallets instead of their family. It IS frustrating to have a lemon and then deal with an idiot stealership. Did you consider opening a case for a buyback ?

I did but the $2,000ish hit was a reasonable price for 6,400 miles plus it was better than the hassle.

Also, forgot to mention the touchy reverse sensors that locked the brakes as I back out of the garage every day or **** my wife off backing into a parking spot. The Dealer looked at it, I even gave them the code for the bulletin and they said all worked well.

ddharris

Reaction score
I did but the $2,000ish hit was a reasonable price for 6,400 miles plus it was better than the hassle.

Also, forgot to mention the touchy reverse sensors that locked the brakes as I back out of the garage every day or **** my wife off backing into a parking spot. The Dealer looked at it, I even gave them the code for the bulletin and they said all worked well.
Good luck with the Tundra. All reports they are rock solid. I get the constant issue can turn one away. The Ram is a damn good truck for sure but if to many issue arise no interior and ride quality will make one not concerned and looking elsewhere.

1fujifilm

Reaction score
I paid $47,5k on a $61,3k truck - I wonder if I could do the same sale if I had to? I figured the easy access to these rebates made for the used/trade in pricing to be lower as a result.

Either way, glad to hear it worked out.

Yeah, the Tundra is old; no telematics, Entune is a joke, 6 speed tranny is ancient. But, I did stumble on a tidbit of nicety, it has a 4.30 rear end and wow it tows easy. Plus the power rear window MUST be added to all other manufacturer trucks. Oh well, many super things on the Ram too; loved the Hemi and ZF 8 speed, luxury interior and many USB's etc. I'll be back, only keep a truck for a year. FWIW picked up this in the new Cavalry Blue color.
Funny how Chev/Ram/Ford put MSRP's 12-15k above the price paid with rebates and Toyota MSRP's 4k less with less rebates and final price is about the same. 45.5 MSRP minus 2,500 in rebate and 5,310 discount for price before tax and doc of 37,690.

Attachments

• 20190508_172547_resized.jpg
    20190508_172547_resized.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 73

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score

Do you happen to still have that code?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

klaby

Reaction score
I had an issue with FCA dealer with my kids jeep, took to another dealer and they fixed the issues. Not sure selling a truck for paint issues and 1 dealer service shop that was jacked up is a smart move. You do know you can take the truck to any dealer right? It's like going to a Dr. if one says the knee needs replacing most people don't just say "ok". You have someone else look at it. Same thing with your new truck, take it to another dealer they get paid by FCA for any work they do so they would love to make the original dealer look bad. That increases the odds you will buy from them in the future. Pretty sure you will be selling that Tundra soon....

zx3junglist

Reaction score
Just came to say, sorry you had to go through the frustration and I genuinely hope that you're happy now that you've made a change

2wd

Reaction score
All trucks have issues. I looked hard at Toyota also - I love the reliability reputation but the Tundra Payload made it virtually useless for any real work. (an option light SR5 was at ~1100 lbs payload).

I loved the hell out of my 12th Gen F150 but traded in partly because of over a dozen small - medium problems.

With Toyota, you'll want to watch your camshaft towers for this common problem that could require some major engine work.

Approaching 2000 posts in this thread:

yellowboy

Reaction score
I don't know why Tundra has fallen asleep in keeping their truck up to date. They always had the best reputation for longevity, repairs and trade in or resale value. It's almost like they dont want to sell trucks anymore.

ramhead

Reaction score
I don't know why Tundra has fallen asleep in keeping their truck up to date. They always had the best reputation for longevity, repairs and trade in or resale value. It's almost like they dont want to sell trucks anymore.

It's getting a full redesign for the 2021 model.....don't know if it's going to be too little, too late but it's happening. One concern is the Tundra and Tacoma are going to share the same frame....have no idea how that is going to work but obviously seems to be a cost saving move.

Last edited:

yellowboy

Reaction score
It's getting a full redesign for the 2021 model.....don't know if it's going to be too little, too late but it's happening. One concern is the Tundra and Tacoma are going to share the same frame....have no idea how that is going to work but obviously seems to be a cost saving move.
Well I got my 2019 Ram Limited two weeks ago so they are out of the running !

BLS65

Reaction score

How in the hell would that work? Same frame, two different sized trucks? I get it with the Ford Ranger/Bronco or the Toyota Tacoma/FJ, they share the same relative dimensions .

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Well I got my 2019 Ram Limited two weeks ago so they are out of the running !
Ha, even their 1794 Edition is nowhere as nice. I hope for the Toy enthusiasts that they do a good job on the redesign, they should have plenty of examples of what to do and not do by following the other truckmakers. (Not do: overall the Nissan, GM)

ramhead

Reaction score
How in the hell would that work? Same frame, two different sized trucks? I get it with the Ford Ranger/Bronco or the Toyota Tacoma/FJ, they share the same relative dimensions .

Also, for the Tundra, a dual turbo V6 hybrid is being rumored.....@ 450+ HP and 500 ft lbs tq ( & 30+ mpg claimed??!!):

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread