5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th gen key fob programming 2023

Ogre 84

Reaction score
What’s up y’all! I recently purchased a topdon artidiag pro to program my virgin key fob with remote start and tailgate release. I’m I’m having difficulty programming new key fob. HELP!

skyhawk42

Reaction score
What issue are you having? I don’t have that one, but I have been successful using my Topdon tninja to program fobs.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
What’s up y’all! I recently purchased a topdon artidiag pro to program my virgin key fob with remote start and tailgate release. I’m I’m having difficulty programming new key fob. HELP!
Are you having trouble actually programming the new fob, or did you buy a fob with the tail gate button, and remote start, that you didn't have before, and trying to add those features?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Are you having trouble actually programming the new fob, or did you buy a fob with the tail gate button, and remote start, that you didn't have before, and trying to add those features?
Not sure about remote stat, but nothing special to make tailgate release work other than making sure you have the correct latches in your tailgate. Just program fob and it works.

6of36

Reaction score
Not sure about remote stat, but nothing special to make tailgate release work other than making sure you have the correct latches in your tailgate. Just program fob and it works.
That's why I was looking for clarification of what he's doing, just adding an extra fob, or trying to add options. If he's trying to add the tail gate, and doesn't have the right latch, it won't work any way.

Ogre 84

Reaction score
What issue are you having? I don’t have that one, but I have been successful using my Topdon tninja to program fobs.
Unable to navigate with it. The bypass gateway keeps failing as well. I autodetect, it’s pick up truck. Then tries to get access / unlock for gateway. It fails. Already got autoauth too. Tried both gateway bypass cables

Ogre 84

Reaction score
Actual trouble programming FOB. I already enable/ active the setting for remote start and tailgate with JScan

acbone710

Reaction score
What are you using to program the fobs? Most tools won't do it on the 5th gen rams, it doesn't work with the obd bcm tools like alfaobd and jscan.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Unable to navigate with it. The bypass gateway keeps failing as well. I autodetect, it’s pick up truck. Then tries to get access / unlock for gateway. It fails. Already got autoauth too. Tried both gateway bypass cables
I believe with a tool like this, as long as there’s a gateway online, it needs to try unlocking it through autoauth. If that’s not working out for some reason, use JScan to toggle off the SGW under “modules chassis network”. Then, use a bypass cable with the topdon and see if you can connect to the truck and navigate.

Ogre 84

Reaction score
What are you using to program the fobs? Most tools won't do it on the 5th gen rams, it doesn't work with the obd bcm tools like alfaobd and jscan.

I know! I bought a topdon artidiag pro

Ogre 84

Reaction score
Alright alright alright!!!! I finally was able to add new key fob to my truck. The remote start and tailgate function works great! I used JScan to activate remote start and tailgate functions with bypass. For key fob programming I used Autel MaxilM KM100. It was about $350. My local dealer charge $180. So, if I get another key fob($40) and program that one it basically pays for itself. Plan on tryin to make some side money with! See how it goes.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 27

6of36

Reaction score
Alright alright alright!!!! I finally was able to add new key fob to my truck. The remote start and tailgate function works great! I used JScan to activate remote start and tailgate functions with bypass. For key fob programming I used Autel MaxilM KM100. It was about $350. My local dealer charge $180. So, if I get another key fob($40) and program that one it basically pays for itself. Plan on tryin to make some side money with! See how it goes.
I ordered two fobs from jack-locksmith, on Ebay, for $25 each, and Mark Dodge cut the keys, and programmed both for $80, plus the $25 charge to get the code. For $160 total, I have 4 key fobs.

acbone710

Reaction score
Where are you located?

Ogre 84

Reaction score
I ordered two fobs from jack-locksmith, on Ebay, for $25 each, and Mark Dodge cut the keys, and programmed both for $80, plus the $25 charge to get the code. For $160 total, I have 4 key fobs.
Nice! I guess your dealership doesn’t want to screw people over! Lol

Reaction score
anyone know if these fobs will work with a '23? Mopar parts websites only list up to '22 for the fob upgrade to get the tailgate release.

Ogre 84

Reaction score
What fobs? I programmed a key with remote start and tailgate release. I had unlock and lock only before.

Users who are viewing this thread