5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th Gen Exhaust Manifolds

Fyrmandave

Reaction score
Is anyone aware why it is still taking forever to get exhaust manifolds replaced? I have talked to the dealer who was not much help, in fact their parting comment to me was "Good Luck with that" when I asked about contacting Ram Care. The latest from Ram Care is that they would call me back within 24 hours that was a week ago. I offered up 2 solutions
Going to another dealership
Having aftermarket manifolds installed and getting reimbursed?
Still nothing back from them not sure what my next move is

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I got mine replace with no issues last week, 1/2 a day. Call parts dept of dealers and make sure they're in stock before you choose that dealer. Also, a dealer with the parts in stock more than likely does the RR regularly and has very capable techs

Duran

Reaction score
I had mine replaced twoce in 3 years. 9 months apart. Its so common thay the manifolds take a while.
I didnt know about buying aftermarkets and getting reimbursed
I might be interested in that

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
If im Out of warranty and have to pay to replace them, I’m not going back to the same manifolds that will just crack again. Just my 2 cents

Idahoktm

Reaction score
I got mine replace with no issues last week, 1/2 a day. Call parts dept of dealers and make sure they're in stock before you choose that dealer. Also, a dealer with the parts in stock more than likely does the RR regularly and has very capable techs

Yep. A buddy of mine had both of his replaced last week. They diagnosed the cracks on June 2nd and replaced them on the 23rd.

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
Put on some shorty headers
A good option is to look for takeoffs from a 6.4 SRT. People put long tunes on when they modify but really the stock are shorty headers. They flow enough to make 707 hp in a Hellcat, I think they would flow enough for a 5.7.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
A good option is to look for takeoffs from a 6.4 SRT. People put long tunes on when they modify but really the stock are shorty headers. They flow enough to make 707 hp in a Hellcat, I think they would flow enough for a 5.7.
You need the manifolds off a Jeep SRT8 for our trucks. The ones off the cars won't fit. And I can't actually guarantee Jeep ones will either. but they worked on the 4th gens.

BowDown

Reaction score

Thats what my thinking was as well but I wonder how much modding of the rest of the factory exhaust you have to do to make those fit. I could never find anything stating whether or not they would connect to the stock ram 1500 5.7 down pipes. If they would, its a no brainer

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thats what my thinking was as well but I wonder how much modding of the rest of the factory exhaust you have to do to make those fit. I could never find anything stating whether or not they would connect to the stock ram 1500 5.7 down pipes. If they would, its a no brainer
They don't and you can't make the Charger/Challengers fit, especially on a 4x4. You need to SRT8 Jeep manifolds. Which are harder to come by

BowDown

Reaction score
They don't and you can't make the Charger/Challengers fit, especially on a 4x4. You need to SRT8 Jeep manifolds. Which are harder to come by

I saw a dealer selling SRT Jeep manifolds for about $300 so I don't know if they're hard to get but are you saying that they are or will bolt up to the factory 1500 5.7 downpipes?

I thought about them before having mine warrantied but I didn't want to deal with having to make something work. If they'll work with no modifications then that is certainly an option that I will be willing to pay for in the future because I'd like to maintain some of the quietness of the factory exhaust, I really don't want to mess with headers.

Do you know if the Jeep SRT manifolds will bolt up to the factory RAM exhaust or if anyone has done that? That would be an interesting swap

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I saw a dealer selling SRT Jeep manifolds for about $300 so I don't know if they're hard to get but are you saying that they are or will bolt up to the factory 1500 5.7 downpipes?

I thought about them before having mine warrantied but I didn't want to deal with having to make something work. If they'll work with no modifications then that is certainly an option that I will be willing to pay for in the future because I'd like to maintain some of the quietness of the factory exhaust, I really don't want to mess with headers.

Do you know if the Jeep SRT manifolds will bolt up to the factory RAM exhaust or if anyone has done that? That would be an interesting swap
I cannot confirm they are direct bolt in on the 5th gens, but I know the charger/Challenger ones do not fit properly

BowDown

Reaction score

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
BBK is about the only option, IMO. They are available in 1 7/8" while all the rest are 1 5/8" unless you went with a long tube which I wouldn't
Stock Hemis really don't make enough horsepower to need 1 7/8 primaries. For 99% of the people using shorty headers the 1 5/8 flow more than enough. If you need more, it's probably time to step up to long tubes.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Stock Hemis really don't make enough horsepower to need 1 7/8 primaries. For 99% of the people using shorty headers the 1 5/8 flow more than enough. If you need more, it's probably time to step up to long tubes.
Looks like alot of them are 1 3/4" guess that would work?

BowDown

Reaction score
Maybe, I think 1 5/8 in is the old school thinking for a 250 to 300 horsepower engine.

With a 400 horsepower LS engine, the recommended size is 1 3/4. I don't see why I would do anything different on the hemi but giving a choice between 1 5/8 and 1 3/4 in, Id opt for the bigger especially on a shorty header.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread