5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

500hp bolt-on list....go!

Streetsweeper

Reaction score
I'll be getting a local custom tune. Looking for bolt-on recommendations to try & hit 500hp NA.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Bolt-on? Unlikely. I’m thinking the experts on this forum will confirm a cam swap is needed...

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Full bolt ons and a custom cam, heads, etc will not get you 500whp NA. My 4th gen was full bolt on and a custom grind cam. You MIGHT see 450whp NA. You’ll need a good set of heads, 6.4 truck intake manifold and a good size cam.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Full bolt ons and a custom cam, heads, etc will not get you 500whp NA. My 4th gen was full bolt on and a custom grind cam. You MIGHT see 450whp NA. You’ll need a good set of heads, 6.4 truck intake manifold and a good size cam.
Agree with you! With that said, FBO & custom cam with hemi tuner you will have a very quick daily driver. That most wont even see coming.......sleeper ftw

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
They make a stroker kit for the 5.7? Sounds like you need a 392 crate motor to me

Schnitz

Reaction score
Turbo is the way to go. Makes power from 2K+/- rpms and up. Can't beat turbos.

Users who are viewing this thread