5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

.5" wheel spacers

JBeckman

Reaction score
Has anyone installed .5" wheel spacers yet? If so, did you need longer studs?

Going to install the BDS 4" lift here in a week or so. Minimum backspace required is 5". My factory rebel wheels are 5.25". So I wanted to add .5" to give me a lil extra room.

Thanks in advance.

SColang22

Reaction score
Has anyone installed .5" wheel spacers yet? If so, did you need longer studs?

Going to install the BDS 4" lift here in a week or so. Minimum backspace required is 5". My factory rebel wheels are 5.25". So I wanted to add .5" to give me a lil extra room.

Thanks in advance.
Did you ever figure this out? I’m trying to do the same

JBeckman

Reaction score
Did you ever figure this out? I’m trying to do the same

I spoke with Bora abt having spacers made and if I was to need longer studs. They said "as long as I can get a minimum of 8 full turns, with wheel on, of the lug nut that I would be good.

However at the moment I installed a set of hubcentric 1.5" spacers I had. Kinda like the look of it at the moment. 20191104_122305.jpg

SColang22

Reaction score
I spoke with Bora abt having spacers made and if I was to need longer studs. They said "as long as I can get a minimum of 8 full turns, with wheel on, of the lug nut that I would be good.

However at the moment I installed a set of hubcentric 1.5" spacers I had. Kinda like the look of it at the moment. View attachment 40446
Did you have to do any trimming? Idk if rebel wheels have a different offset but the 2” ones I had rubbed a lot

JBeckman

Reaction score
Did you have to do any trimming? Idk if rebel wheels have a different offset but the 2” ones I had rubbed a lot
I didnt have to do any trimming. I did heat up a couple spots of the inner fenderwell. Then mold in. I used the same spacers on the readylift 3.5" and they rubbed hard. However using spacers on the now installed BDS 4", no issues at all. Even the rub I did have, is very minimal.

Bellpa

Reaction score
Anyone else install .5 spacers? I recently installed 295/60/20s on my stock Laramie wheels and the tires are really close to the UCA. Just want a little breathing room without switching the wheels out or going with thicker spacers.

SColang22

Reaction score
Anyone else install .5 spacers? I recently installed 295/60/20s on my stock Laramie wheels and the tires are really close to the UCA. Just want a little breathing room without switching the wheels out or going with thicker spacers.
I’m tried .5” but it’s real close on how many threads I could get the lugs turned onto. I went with .25” spacers on 12.5” wide tires and it took me off just enough

Bellpa

Reaction score
I’m tried .5” but it’s real close on how many threads I could get the lugs turned onto. I went with .25” spacers on 12.5” wide tires and it took me off just enough
Ok, thank you. I'll do the 1/4" ones like you recommend from your experience.

MarkB67

Reaction score
Ok, thank you. I'll do the 1/4" ones like you recommend from your experience.
you can't do .5'' spacers on these trucks because you only have .75' of usable threads leaving you .25' or 1/4' of threads to hold your wheel on- wouldn't be safe

Users who are viewing this thread