5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Utah adventures

Reaction score
Can someone explain the drivetrain for me. Im a recently converted from chevy guy. Im 40 yrs old and just bought my 1st ram. Im camping in the mountains since I can now pull my camper up to the top of the mountain lol. Anyway im unhooked leaving camp. Im a little off camber in a small rutt. Nothing to be worried about right. My wife's Honda could do fine. However im stuck. ONLY 1 WHEEL IS SPINNING!!! My son had to put it in 4x4 to drive forward. Why did that happen? Never in all my life had that happen in a chevy. Is the 4x4 in the ram 1 front and 1 rear?
Yes my son could backed up or done anything different and continued in 2 wheel drive but he's just learning to drive.
2020 Laramie 3500

Attachments

• 20200802_071309.jpg
    20200802_071309.jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 27

Sergeant Jim

Reaction score
Limited slip Rear axle IS a $495 option on All Trims, so if you don't have it or the Electronic Locking Rear axle Option $545, then yes you have to put in 4WD to have more than the one wheel spinning. I had to order my 2021 Limited because none of the 2020's left in the area (Southern Michigan) had Limited Slip ordered by the Dealer and I won't drive in the winter without it.

Users who are viewing this thread