5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4x4 making noise and passenger side rear wheel locking up while making a turn

Glad14419

Reaction score
I have a 2019 ram 1500 classic warlock I have had it into the shop 5 times now and they will not admit it’s doing anything. When the truck is in 4x4 high and no I’m not driving it on dry pavement it’s when it’s snowing. When I try to turn Right into my driveway in 4x4 high the front end makes a clunking noise and binds up almost like the brake is on but it’s not and the passenger side rear wheel will lock up and unlock. Does anyone know what this could be?the truck only has 20,000 miles on it and the tires are equal tread.
Update I just went to pick it up at the dealer and again they said nothing was wrong. I went there and got in the truck and showed them and they said it’s normal. Then now it won’t come out of 4x4 and locks up while turning in 2wd then they said that might be a problem what a joke they just lie to get you to leave bringing it back again tomorrow will update when fixed

Last edited:

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Is the stability/traction control coming on? The yellow light will be blinking on the dash when this occurs. You can try 4 Lo or hold down the traction control button for 10 seconds while in 4 Hi, both of these methods disable stability and traction control. It will come back on in 4 Hi if you go over 40 or 50 mph

Glad14419

Reaction score
Is the stability/traction control coming on? The yellow light will be blinking on the dash when this occurs. You can try 4 Lo or hold down the traction control button for 10 seconds while in 4 Hi, both of these methods disable stability and traction control. It will come back on in 4 Hi if you go over 40 or 50 mph
No lights on at all. And if I take it out of 4x4 and put it back in it goes away. Then the next time I try to use it it’s back

Scram1500

Reaction score
U joint in front driveshaft binding up or hubs not fully actuating? How about 4 Lo?

Glad14419

Reaction score
I have not tried it in 4 low. I’m pretty sure it’s not fully actuating

RamCares

Reaction score
I have a 2019 ram 1500 classic warlock I have had it into the shop 5 times now and they will not admit it’s doing anything. When the truck is in 4x4 high and no I’m not driving it on dry pavement it’s when it’s snowing. When I try to turn Right into my driveway in 4x4 high the front end makes a clunking noise and binds up almost like the brake is on but it’s not and the passenger side rear wheel will lock up and unlock. Does anyone know what this could be?the truck only has 20,000 miles on it and the tires are equal tread.
I apologize for the frustration that you have had to experience. Please do not hesitate to send us a private message with additional details of your most recent dealer visit so that we may best assist at this point.

Mark
RamCares

Users who are viewing this thread