5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4x4 ghost

kory593

Reaction score
Anyone ever get in their truck and feel like the 4wd turned on by itself?

Ramster

Reaction score
Mine going in the shop in a couple weeks for that problem. I get in and start it up and it will be in 4WD and I have a heck of a time getting it out. At the same time I get a flashing warning to check my 4WD. The service rep was able to scan it and found a couple or three codes thrown in the way of the diff. and lock actuator. Will post after I get it fixed with more detail.

kory593

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, theres been a few times ive gotten in and it would be in 4 hi and once in 4 low. The last instance my rear axel was locked, didnt catch it until i heard my driver wheel skidding when backing out of my driveway.

kory593

Reaction score
I have not. But I have had it feel like it wouldn't let go right away when I shifted back to 2WD on pavement. It cleared up after a few turns. Have you been testing things?
I feel the same way sometimes. Just feels sluggish after you use it.

kory593

Reaction score
Mine going in the shop in a couple weeks for that problem. I get in and start it up and it will be in 4WD and I have a heck of a time getting it out. At the same time I get a flashing warning to check my 4WD. The service rep was able to scan it and found a couple or three codes thrown in the way of the diff. and lock actuator. Will post after I get it fixed with more detail.
Any updates yet? Gunna go scan mine today at the shop.

Ramster

Reaction score
Turned out to be the transfer case control module. The part is on backorder for who knows how long so I picked my truck up today and just cross my fingers every time I start it up.

Users who are viewing this thread