5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4wd

Antlittle22

Reaction score
I have a 2019 1500 Rebel 5.7 with 92k miles on it (second owner), and when attempting to use 4WD setting due to road conditions there was a rattling noise that can be heard from the cabin while idling and at lower speeds. When looking under the vehicle where the transfer case is located, there were fluids that were burnt onto the axle coming from the transfer case. I do have a 4-year warranty that will cover the drivetrain and possible other mechanical issues that could be found.

Other than transfer case issues, are there any other potential issues that could be diagnosed that I may have missed based off of my observations? With that being said would any of the issues mentioned void my warranty?

Attachments

• transfer case for ram.jpg
    transfer case for ram.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 47

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Check your differential fluids too. It's time to change them out anyway at that mileage unless previous owner did it. Since it's used, I would be checking all fluids.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
From the picture it looks like the seal is broken for the joint on the front driveshaft and losing it's grease. See if the driveshaft is loose or if there's excessive play, transfer case might be fine.

edgarrian

Reaction score
I have a 2019 as well. I haven't had any mechanical issues on my truck yet. I have 70k on the clock and i purchased it new. The only issue I have had was my 12" screen took a crap. Luckily it was under warranty b/c thats 1400 for a new. I guess I do have a mechanical issue and thats the dreaded. Headgasket is making the noise and is cracked. I just haven't fixed it yet

Users who are viewing this thread