5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4” Lift Help: BDS vs Zone

DeepH2ODriller

Reaction score
wait ask someone who has had the BDS ball joint come loose on them before you do this i read the warranty only covered the ball joint and not the rest of the suspension that got trashed was their experience

A Google search of this problem came up with 0. I’m not saying it didn’t happen, but it’s pretty hard to sneak past Google. I’ve researched tons of problems with Google assistance. If there’s something negative out there, it’s been recorded. I couldn’t find anything. This seems like an isolated issue and I’m not speculating on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeepH2ODriller

Reaction score
I ordered a PDS 4 inch lift for my 2020 limited with air ride suspension. It cost me $2630. It was supposed to arrive today but due to the weather it won’t be here till next Monday or Tuesday. I’m going to have it installed soon after that. The new wheels I already at the shop waiting for the lift kit. I bought 20 x 10 motiv Magnus Wheels wrapped in 35 inch BF good rich KO2s.

Any update on yours?

saylor

Reaction score
A Google search of this problem came up with 0. I’m not saying it didn’t happen, but it’s pretty hard to sneak past Google. I’ve researched tons of problems with Google assistance. If there’s something negative out there, it’s been recorded. I couldn’t find anything. This seems like an isolated issue and I’m not speculating on it.

ya, i guess so

DeepH2ODriller

Reaction score

ya, i guess so
Yeah, I’ve read the thread. I hate it happened to the guy but even he states that he never registered the product (100% of all companies require you to register products, I don’t need someone to tell me that for a product over $100), the truck had a salvaged title (which tells me the truck was totaled at some point). I’m still not ready to trash a company over 2-3 bad experiences out of 10’s of thousands. I really thank you though for bringing these cases to my attention.

Chuck19

Reaction score
I’m guessing I could buy the upgraded shocks he refers to in the response, and supplement them for option that is given with Zone.

You can pair the zone kit with any shocks you want. If your feeling froggy throw a set of kings on their💸💸💸

DirtNazzty

Reaction score
Also, that was a BDS UCA. The 4” kit uses stock UCA.
I could be wrong but I believe the 6" kit uses the factory UCA also... The BDS UCAs are like a $700 optional upgrade.. Which sucks and seems kind of ridiculous as 90% of people that spend the high dollar on that kit are going to want the upgraded UCA. Seems like the best route to go would be the cheaper zone lift with the BDS UCAs and the upgraded Fox 2.0s

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Mikejones11

Reaction score
I would have ordered the zone with the fox 2.0. But when I called them they told me 6 weeks wait for the kit.

Gun138

Reaction score
I ordered a PDS 4 inch lift for my 2020 limited with air ride suspension. It cost me $2630. It was supposed to arrive today but due to the weather it won’t be here till next Monday or Tuesday. I’m going to have it installed soon after that. The new wheels I already at the shop waiting for the lift kit. I bought 20 x 10 motiv Magnus Wheels wrapped in 35 inch BF good rich KO2s
Any update on yours?

Yes! I got it back two days ago they needed it for a day and a half. I cannot believe how great it looks! And it handles better than it did from the factory. The truck is only one year old. Changing from a 22 inch wheel to a 20 and changing from NItto ridge grappler 305/45R22 to 35X 10 X 20 made the ride a lot smoother and the truck seems to handle bumps better.

Attachments

• ED76DBAA-D8BB-49A0-B1DA-8706DA28FC34.jpeg
    ED76DBAA-D8BB-49A0-B1DA-8706DA28FC34.jpeg
    192.9 KB · Views: 128
  • 00A7BA0A-E73E-47DA-AC61-A92B72B23D42.jpeg
    00A7BA0A-E73E-47DA-AC61-A92B72B23D42.jpeg
    171.3 KB · Views: 126

Chuck19

Reaction score
Yes! I got it back two days ago they needed it for a day and a half. I cannot believe how great it looks! And it handles better than it did from the factory. The truck is only one year old. Changing from a 22 inch wheel to a 20 and changing from NItto ridge grappler 305/45R22 to 35X 10 X 20 made the ride a lot smoother and the truck seems to handle bumps better.
Wow looks great man! Actually looks higher than 4" but it will probably settle a bit. So is it perfectly level or is there still some rake? What kind of hit did your MPG's take?

DeepH2ODriller

Reaction score
Wow, looks amazing. I’m taking notes because I’ve been contemplating 35’s on either 20’s or 22’s.

DeepH2ODriller

Reaction score

Who makes a 35x10x20? I’m wondering if the extra sidewall from the 35” on 22” would make for a better ride than the 33” on your 22”?

Reaction score
Truck looks great. I’m gonna get the BDS 4inch for my limited but I’m to scared to get it while under warranty. I’m probably gonna do 35inch gladiator x comps

DirtNazzty

Reaction score
Truck looks great. I’m gonna get the BDS 4inch for my limited but I’m to scared to get it while under warranty. I’m probably gonna do 35inch gladiator x comps
Why you scared to do it under warranty?... BDS matches factory warranty if the factory warranty won't cover something... Also lifting will only void the specific parts that are swapped so other drive train parts are still covered under factory warranty... I had a 6" lift on my 4th Gen and the dealership had to rebuild the transfer case 2 times before they finally just replaced it with a brand new one at no cost to me, all done after the lift was installed! I wouldn't be worried about factory warranty especially if paying the extra cost of a BDS lift!

Last edited:

DeepH2ODriller

Reaction score
Why you scared to do it under warranty?... BDS matches factory warranty if the factory warranty won't cover something... Also lifting will only void the specific parts that are swapped so other drive train parts are still covered under factory warranty... I had a 6" lift on my 4th Gen and the dealership had to rebuild the transfer case 2 times before they finally just replaced it with a brand new one at not cost for me, all done after the lift was installed! I wouldn't be worried about factory warranty especially if paying the extra cost of a BDS lift!

Hell, I put a 12” Bulletproof lift and 38” tires on my 2015 Tundra. The transmission went out at 12,000 miles. Toyota warrantied it. I then proceeded to swap gears out to 4.10.

Users who are viewing this thread