5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Row Seating Patent

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My M.O. in this thread is to correct your factually inaccurate statements especially when you miss the point of my original post completely and decide to attack it with factually incorrect information. Your claim that Stellantis does not make a 3 row seating truck is false.
You are deliberately being obtuse.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is the 56 BelAir built on top of a heavy duty truck frame like the Wagoneer?

Doesn't matter, The Wagoneer doesn't meet any other criteria of what the definition of a truck is.

Everyone, including Stellantis classifies it as an SUV.

It's like people calling ATV's "bikes," and UTV's "cars." THAT is not factually correct and neither is your assertion that an SUV on a "truck" frame is a Truck.

P.S. The 1500 chassis is hardly "Heavy Duty." Try looking at a 2500/3500 frame some time.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Doesn't matter, The Wagoneer doesn't meet any other criteria of what the definition of a truck is.

Everyone, including Stellantis classifies it as an SUV.

It's like people calling ATV's "bikes," and UTV's "cars." THAT is not factually correct and neither is your assertion that an SUV on a "truck" frame is a Truck.

P.S. The 1500 chassis is hardly "Heavy Duty." Try looking at a 2500/3500 frame some time.

On a side note, when they do count Total Industy Truck Sales, they include anything built on a truck platform that includes truck based SUVs

GM has won this for a long time because of their truck based SUV, high popularity of their Tahoes and Suburbans.

This is a different number than light full size pickup sales, which is 1500 - 3500 class pickups.

Last edited:

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Found this on Reddit

bqq4kvf1rxbd1.png

Cueva del Osos

Reaction score
Likewise! Many a 4 hour trip in my aunt and uncles Mercury Sable wagon to the beach. We dubbed it the "way back" which is a term that's stuck in our family ever since.

The one we rode in did, and they faced backwards. Almost like jump seats on an airplane, but still had seatbelts so it was legal.
Flashback!!! I had to ride in the rear facing seat once…projectile puking at the big closed rear window ensured they never did that to me again!🤢😵‍💫

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Wagoneer is a truck, a vehicle such as the Ford Maverick is not a truck. It is a pickup but it's not a truck.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I completely forgot what day and age we’re living in.
I concede…
Since Lia Thomas is a woman, a wagoneer is a truck.

I like your strategy to try to win the argument, but is it eally that big of a deal, is it semantics? I don't know?

But the Wagoneer is a truck but it's not a pickup just as mentioned earlier the Maverick is a pickup but it's not a truck.

I admit I haven't read this whole thread, can we just call it a truck based SUV and everyone be happy?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It meets all the criteria. An SUV can be a truck just as a van can be a truck.

View attachment 186182
Let’s attack this from a different direction, and reduce this down to the very basics:
The OP posted this thread with a link to an article about a patent that Ram filed.
Choosing only one of the two answers listed below, what type of vehicle is that patent for?
This just requires a “#1” or “#2” response:
1) A pickup truck that has a cab and bed
2) An SUV that is on a truck frame

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Let’s attack this from a different direction, and reduce this down to the very basics:
The OP posted this thread with a link to an article about a patent that Ram filed.
Choosing only one of the two answers listed below, what type of vehicle is that patent for?
This just requires a “#1” or “#2” response:
1) A pickup truck that has a cab and bed
2) An SUV that is on a truck frame

Both are irrelevant to my original post or your factually incorrect response that Stellantis does not make a 3 row seating truck

Users who are viewing this thread