5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd brake light leak VS. cracked frame

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Make sure they (or you) check your SHARK FIN Antenna to see if it is loose. If you saw my posts while I worked at the dealership, we had replaced my rear window, and my 3rd brake light (twice - even with the new version of the thicker deal) and while I had all the carpet out because I had to wait 6 months for replacement due to mold, we noticed it was STILL leaking.. Found out the Shark Fin antenna whose mount design is THE worst ever designed, failed and that was where all my water was coming in from (not even my PANO was leaking).

scott511

Reaction score
For anyone interested, they have extended the warranty on the rear window and 3rd brake light. You can see it by logging into Mopar.com, select your vehicle, click the recalls info and look for extended warranty.

View attachment 168569
View attachment 168570
Thanks so much for posting this. I just purchased my 1st Ram truck a few weeks ago and I've spent lots of time reading up on here. After reading a bunch of threads about the rear water leaks I was beginning to get worried. Seeing the warranty extended eased my mind a little.

Users who are viewing this thread