5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3d printed stake hole cover

Roothog

Reaction score
I ordered a week ago and received these today. As you can see these two plugs look a bit different and fit a little to deeply into the stake hole. Overall I'm happy that I didn't get ripped of, but I'll replace these when I find something else. I'm not happy with the final product.
20210731_181903.jpg 20210731_182048.jpg

standfree

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
i recieved mine 2 days ago, should've waited for something better because they are not up to my idea of ram quality.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I ordered a week ago and received these today. As you can see these two plugs look a bit different and fit a little to deeply into the stake hole. Overall I'm happy that I didn't get ripped of, but I'll replace these when I find something else. I'm not happy with the final product.
View attachment 101528 View attachment 101529
Yeah, that's pretty bad. I would like something with the Ram head but the ones on Amazon look like they fit better and the color looks more consistent too.

FrankieG

Reaction score
Played around with my 3Dprinter (another boredom inspired pandemic purchase) and printed a couple of these. Used PLA because I didn't have anything else at the time. Will try another material next time around.
Ram Pocket Cover.jpg

standfree

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
i'll keep searching for good covers, as for the bull rings, they worked but kept rattling so off they came. have blank covers on now

sd2134

Reaction score
I received my covers over the weekend. Not like the photos on the web page, the top finish is not consistent. . Also looking for better covers.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You really can't expect much more out of 3d-printed parts. I don't know anything about the seller, but these appear to be printed on a hobby-level 3d printer - with print settings designed for speed (not quality).
@FrankieG, it looks like you printed yours right-side-up, which makes for a better top finish (potentially). But it looks like you need to adjust the filament output a little. If you adjust the filament diameter down in your settings, it will increase the volume and fill in those gaps better.

FrankieG

Reaction score
You really can't expect much more out of 3d-printed parts. I don't know anything about the seller, but these appear to be printed on a hobby-level 3d printer - with print settings designed for speed (not quality).
@FrankieG, it looks like you printed yours right-side-up, which makes for a better top finish (potentially). But it looks like you need to adjust the filament output a little. If you adjust the filament diameter down in your settings, it will increase the volume and fill in those gaps better.
It was actually printed face down. Next go around I plan on making some adjustments to the settings.

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I 3D printed a Cobb AP Holder for my last car that snapped onto the A Pillar. i used PETG and the results were pretty awesome, until it cooked in the sun one day and drooped a ton. the surface finish on those parts he's selling is trash, especially for that price.
AP Mount.JPG

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It's a shame it appears his quality has gone down hill. I am happy with mine and the quality of them. Especially for the price when any other option was more, without the ram logo.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Today I received the set from Amazon mentioned in this thread. A little pricey but they fit tight and look good.
View attachment 94072
I believe these are the ones I ordered too. I agree they were a little pricey and they do fit great and look good. My roll up tonneau cover frame covers most of it but I didnt want to leave the hole empty

MBDC

Reaction score
Finally received over the weekend. Will put in for now until I find something else. Still mad it took since May to be received.

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It looks like they sit on top of the stake pockets instead of flush like the 3D printed versions.
Tried it out, then took it off. It created a gap on my tonneau cover where water can come in.

PXL_20210924_123351717.jpg

Maryland bowhunter

Reaction score
Wound up ordering the ES ENGINEERED BY SCHILDMEIER from Amazon. They came in really fast and they fit absolutely perfect. I used a rubber mallet to tap them in (no issues) and they seem secure. I love that they are flush. I was going back and forth with these and the Bull Rings, but I think I have enough tie down locations (can always add them in the future if I see I need additional tied down points). https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NBVL2JB?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

IMG_1085.jpg IMG_1086.jpg

Last edited:

1lowcab

Reaction score
Wound up ordering the ES ENGINEERED BY SCHILDMEIER from Amazon. They came in really fast and they fit absolutely perfect. I used a rubber mallet to tap them in (no issues) and they seem secure. I love that they are flush. I was going back and forth with these and the Bull Rings, but I think I have enough tie down locations (can always add them in the future if I see I need additional tied down points). https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NBVL2JB?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

View attachment 121796 View attachment 121797 View attachment 121797
Those are the ones I have and love them.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score

View attachment 121796 View attachment 121797
I bought these too. They fit great and it's nice and flat for the tonneau covers to rest on

Users who are viewing this thread