5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D Printed Console Organizer Now available

69Sting

Reaction score
Just a bit of an update for some of you that have been paying attention to the organizer. He got behind a bit as his current printer has been having a few breakdowns. Parts have been ordered and repairs made but who knows what is next to go down. So he decided to invest in a 2nd printer. Hopefully it will arrive before the weekend so that by Monday he can have it built and have the second printer up and running. He will be able to catch up on the current orders he has.
He greatly appreciates the support and feedback from the forum and is doing what he can right now to get the orders out.

hotsht333

Reaction score
this looks exactly what i've been looking for, just ordered mine. my hats off the your son thanks

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just ordered one. I'm not sure if I will use it long-term, but I'm down for $50 to support such an entrepreneur, regardless. :)

The one reason that comes to mind on why I might not use it long-term is that I have been using that lower area to stick my iPad in there. Maybe it will work out to put my iPad on top of the organizer, but still under the sliding drawer. We'll see. Or maybe I'll put my iPad somewhere else.

One thought: Is there a reason he's printing a floor/base as part of the organizer? It seems like it would probably work just fine if the bottoms of each of the "cups" in the organizer were open. I'm not up to speed AT ALL on 3D printing, but it seems like if he didn't have to print the floor of the organizer, it would speed up the process and lower the cost - and the final product still work just as well.

Like I said. Just a thought.

Next idea for him:

When I put my phone into the phone holder, it is hit or miss whether I get it in just the right spot for it to wirelessly charge. About half the time, it's a little too far to the right or left and I end up getting a red flashing light telling me the truck's wireless charger detected my phone but it's not charging.

I would like to have a very small part that fits into the phone holder that would act as a locator for my phone. The part stays in at all times. When I put my phone into the charger slot, if I get the side of my phone right up against the locator thingie, then I'll know my phone is going to be in the correct spot to charge wirelessly.

I've been contemplating getting some kydex or other plastic and just cutting out a rectangle the right size and shape and sticking that in there. But, there are minor problems with that idea. A custom printed piece that worked well would be ideal.

cjmst23

Reaction score
Sorry if I missed a post where this may have been discussed... But will this for a Limited?

69Sting

Reaction score
I just ordered one. I'm not sure if I will use it long-term, but I'm down for $50 to support such an entrepreneur, regardless. :)

The one reason that comes to mind on why I might not use it long-term is that I have been using that lower area to stick my iPad in there. Maybe it will work out to put my iPad on top of the organizer, but still under the sliding drawer. We'll see. Or maybe I'll put my iPad somewhere else.

One thought: Is there a reason he's printing a floor/base as part of the organizer? It seems like it would probably work just fine if the bottoms of each of the "cups" in the organizer were open. I'm not up to speed AT ALL on 3D printing, but it seems like if he didn't have to print the floor of the organizer, it would speed up the process and lower the cost - and the final product still work just as well.

Like I said. Just a thought.

Next idea for him:

When I put my phone into the phone holder, it is hit or miss whether I get it in just the right spot for it to wirelessly charge. About half the time, it's a little too far to the right or left and I end up getting a red flashing light telling me the truck's wireless charger detected my phone but it's not charging.

I would like to have a very small part that fits into the phone holder that would act as a locator for my phone. The part stays in at all times. When I put my phone into the charger slot, if I get the side of my phone right up against the locator thingie, then I'll know my phone is going to be in the correct spot to charge wirelessly.

I've been contemplating getting some kydex or other plastic and just cutting out a rectangle the right size and shape and sticking that in there. But, there are minor problems with that idea. A custom printed piece that worked well would be ideal.

Stuart V,

Good info, glad you shared.
He puts a bottom on the organizer so it can slide back to have access to the 110 plug for those (like me) who have that feature. It also allows you to pull the organizer out while still keeping everything inside of it.
For your Ipad situation. I can check this evening and see if my Ipad Mini 4 will fit on top of the organizer and still allow the slider to function. If not, he is currently making a shorter one for another person who has a Limited with a feature that doesn't allow this one to fit under the slider. That may be an option.

As far as a custom piece to index your phone. That is a tuff one as my iPhone 7 doesn't have wireless charging and with so many different phones out there I am not sure how to design an indexing slide on item. If you have an idea and want to message me with some pics, diagrams and measurement, i can talk to him.

69Sting

69Sting

Reaction score
Sorry if I missed a post where this may have been discussed... But will this for a Limited?

cjmst23,

I am not positive. It is created for a Laramie. Big Horns have had no issues from the feedback I received. We have had one person with a limited purchase an organizer and it did not fit as the bottom of the slider is not smooth, it has a few items that drop below the slider bottom. I am not sure what feature causes this. Currently my son is working on another organizer for this person that will be shorter.
If you would be able to take a pic of the bottom of the slider, I will be able to let you know if the current one will fit or if you need the shorter version.

Thank you,
69Sting

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As far as a custom piece to index your phone. That is a tuff one as my iPhone 7 doesn't have wireless charging and with so many different phones out there I am not sure how to design an indexing slide on item. If you have an idea and want to message me with some pics, diagrams and measurement, i can talk to him.

69Sting

The point of the phone locator piece would be that it clips on or pushes in or whatever, and each person would position it in the right spot for their particular phone.

69Sting

Reaction score
UPDATE!!!
A shorter version of the organizer has just been added. This one has been set up to fit the Limited that have a deeper slider. At 2.5 inches high, it fits the Limited. Of course this one can also be used in the Laramie/Big Horn and Long Horn if you want to store something on top of the organizer but below the slider like an Ipad, notebook or manual.
All other dimensions are the same along with price.

Original is 3.75 inches high, Limited version is 2.5 inches high.

The ArmRest organizer is just about there. After a week at lacrosse camp and a few days cleaning up trees after a storm, he will be back to the final touches this week.

BlckDT

Reaction score
The ArmRest organizer is just about there. After a week at lacrosse camp and a few days cleaning up trees after a storm, he will be back to the final touches this week.

Waiting on this for sure! Thanks for the update!

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
UPDATE!!!
A shorter version of the organizer has just been added. This one has been set up to fit the Limited that have a deeper slider. At 2.5 inches high, it fits the Limited. Of course this one can also be used in the Laramie/Big Horn and Long Horn if you want to store something on top of the organizer but below the slider like an Ipad, notebook or manual.
All other dimensions are the same along with price.

Original is 3.75 inches high, Limited version is 2.5 inches high.

I guess I should have waited. I received mine for my Laramie just a few days before you posted this.

My iPad with the normal snap on back cover and front "smart cover" does not fit on top of the organizer and still allow the slider to move forward. Oh, well. Not that big a deal.

AbitaPro

Reaction score
Just ordered one for my truck. My son will be ordering one as well, I wasn’t sure if he wanted same height or not.

Congrats on your ingenuity and your small business!

69Sting

Reaction score
For those following this thread and waiting for the next organizer to come out. Finally after many failed attempts and detailed adjustments. An organizer is here for the upper storage area. We call it the arm rest organizer. Even has a few special features like a business card holder or a charging cord runner.

Here is the link to my son's Etsy page for this organizer.

raycom56

Reaction score
I purchased one from your son and I was totally impressed with the design and quality. I was notified when shipped and i am very happy with my purchase. Keep up the great work!

CodeTHR33

Reaction score
@69Sting -- Do you happen to know if a 32/40 oz widemouth Hydro Flask will fit in the forward center opening of the organizer? I currently just slide the cupholder back and set it in the console, but it moves around too much. Also, I notice that the Etsy description says its for the crew cab. Any reason it won't work in the quad cab? I think I have the same console.

69Sting

Reaction score
@69Sting -- Do you happen to know if a 32/40 oz widemouth Hydro Flask will fit in the forward center opening of the organizer? I currently just slide the cupholder back and set it in the console, but it moves around too much. Also, I notice that the Etsy description says its for the crew cab. Any reason it won't work in the quad cab? I think I have the same console.

@CodeTHR33 ,
I have no idea about if the Hydro Flask will fit, never heard of it. What is the width that needs to fit in the organizer?
The description states as it does, since it is the truck that I have and what is used to test fit the organizer. Since there are different models and trim levels we don't want to 'assume' it will fit everything. As learned that Limited's are slightly different. If the counsel is the same then it should fit.

CodeTHR33

Reaction score
@CodeTHR33 ,
I have no idea about if the Hydro Flask will fit, never heard of it. What is the width that needs to fit in the organizer?
The description states as it does, since it is the truck that I have and what is used to test fit the organizer. Since there are different models and trim levels we don't want to 'assume' it will fit everything. As learned that Limited's are slightly different. If the counsel is the same then it should fit.
The Hydro Flask water bottle is 3.56” in diameter.

69Sting

Reaction score
The Hydro Flask water bottle is 3.56” in diameter.

It looks like the Hydro Flask will be slightly to big. The area's are set at 3.4 inches per the designer.
I do appreciate asking prior to ordering. Sorry it doesn't work as you would like. I'll PM you about another option.

69Sting

Reaction score
FYI, my son is starting to get these going again. This time he is printing ahead and then putting in stock. It will be somewhat limited as it was so popular before that both his printers went down and needed some serious maintenance. So if the site shows it is in stock, it will ship out in a couple days.

Users who are viewing this thread