5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D Printed Console Organizer Now available

69Sting

Reaction score
My son does 3D printing and designed an organizer for the Laramie center console as I didn't like the big abyss to store things. Seeing that there is others looking for this same solution he has it available on his Etsy site. If you have questions not covered in the description, feel free to ask me.

CharlieP

Reaction score
My son does 3D printing and designed an organizer for the Laramie center console as I didn't like the big abyss to store things. Seeing that there is others looking for this same solution he has it available on his Etsy site. If you have questions not covered in the description, feel free to ask me.

Sting: does this fill the entire lower section or does it still leave the back part open?

69Sting

Reaction score
It leaves the back part open. I tried to get a good pick to show how deep under the sliding part it goes. When the upper slide part is all the way back the organizer goes about an 1.5 inches under. so the whole back is open and some of under the slide from the back.
I'll have him update his description with dimensions as this is a very good question.
Dimensions of the organizer are 11 3/16L x 8 1/2W x 3 3/4H.
It is tapered to fit as the console.
Hope this helps.

BigOsCoastal

Reaction score
It leaves the back part open. I tried to get a good pick to show how deep under the sliding part it goes. When the upper slide part is all the way back the organizer goes about an 1.5 inches under. so the whole back is open and some of under the slide from the back.
I'll have him update his description with dimensions as this is a very good question.
Dimensions of the organizer are 11 3/16L x 8 1/2W x 3 3/4H.
It is tapered to fit as the console.
Hope this helps.
Interested

J4U

Reaction score
Great idea! Wish I had a 3D printer to make recirc. Vent caps for behind the back seat.

RodRow

Reaction score

My son Nick does 3D design and printing too! This is a GREAT idea! Kudos to your son for initiative and execution!

69Sting

Reaction score
Just ordered as well. Looking forward to an organized mess!
Thank You J4U. He is printing away.

So far 4 have been ordered, so he will be printing all week long as each one is about a 30hr process. Great seeing a 14yr old so dedicated, very excited and focused.

Beans

Reaction score
New member here- just ordered one of these for my new truck. Thanks to your son for his hard work. I'm looking forward to installing this!

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score

So far 4 have been ordered, so he will be printing all week long as each one is about a 30hr process. Great seeing a 14yr old so dedicated, very excited and focused.

I’m really glad to see this talented and motivated young man getting a business going and am proud to support! We will be ordering two soon. Later this year, if I’m able to upgrade my survey fleet trucks like I plan, that’ll be 3 or 4 more.

Do you know percent infill he is using? Shouldn’t need more than 10 maybe 15 percent for an object like this. The higher the infill, the longer it takes to print.

69Sting

Reaction score
I’m really glad to see this talented and motivated young man getting a business going and am proud to support! We will be ordering two soon. Later this year, if I’m able to upgrade my survey fleet trucks like I plan, that’ll be 3 or 4 more.

Do you know percent infill he is using? Shouldn’t need more than 10 maybe 15 percent for an object like this. The higher the infill, the longer it takes to print.

Thank you Danielle2019. I am suggesting after these orders, he gets a few 'in stock'

He is using a 10% infill.

69Sting

Reaction score
I'll be ordering one of these as well., and from one dad to another, thank you for raising your son to be a productive part of our society!

Bellpa, Thank you for your future order and your comment.
He came up with the idea for an Etsy store so he could use a hobby to have an income while being a tri-sport athlete and an A student. Good kid but still a teen.

Bellpa

Reaction score
Bellpa, Thank you for your future order and your comment.
He came up with the idea for an Etsy store so he could use a hobby to have an income while being a tri-sport athlete and an A student. Good kid but still a teen.
They always will be, as we were at their age also! Kudos to you and your son for all of the hard and productive work.

J4U

Reaction score

Such a great start for him and you have got to be proud! Went to the dealership today to show the asst service manager what I did to quiet my truck. He is wanting a write up as his is doing the same...and he works there! Haha

Anyway, I showed him the pic of your son's work and he may be wanting one too after he sees mine.

Going to direct him to this forum as there is a ton of useful info as well as great ideas like this.

Hosskerz

Reaction score
I would assume that this would fit the Big Horn as well? All the center consoles would be the same wouldn’t they?

69Sting

Reaction score
I would assume that this would fit the Big Horn as well? All the center consoles would be the same wouldn’t they?

Hosskerz,
I have no idea to be honest. I actually never sat in a big horn and don't know the package options of seating and center console. I would assume if you have the huge center console with the slider cup holder, it would fit.

69Sting

Users who are viewing this thread